Bid on Non-Haven Aft Cabins?

lonzwinery

Just wondering if it's possible to bid on non-Haven aft cabins over the phone with a NCL customer service rep? I noticed for the cruise we're on in a couple of weeks, there are still several non-Haven aft cabins available. I'd be willing to move into one of those for the right price :-).

The customer service rep that I talked to earlier mentioned that I should call back a few days before sail date. She also mentioned that I might receive an email to bid directly on the non-Haven aft cabins, in addition to the "Let's Get You Upgraded" email that I already received.

Has anyone ever called NCL directly and tried to work a deal over the phone? If so, any luck?

Thanks!

To my knowledge, you can't bid on a specific cabin category (like a B1), except for suite categories (H4, H5, etc.)

If you want an aft balcony, you'll have to pay for one outright. I will say that they are pretty awesome.

If you are currently in a balcony, the bidding process allows you to bid on a Spa Balcony, but does not offer you the chance to bid on a B1 Aft.   When the upgrade bidding started they didn't allow you to bid on a cabin in your same category.  They have since expanded it to allow you to bid for Spa categories.