Roommate Switch Question

My family/friends and I currently have 6 rooms booked for an upcoming cruise on HOTS.  2 of these rooms are now solo cruisers (1 room the girlfriend is no longer in the picture and the 2nd room the husband can no longer go).  Obviously the simple solution would be to combine the 2 solo cruisers which isn't feasible since that would be extremely awkward since they barely know each other.  SO, the solo cruisers are asking if my husband and I can split up, having my husband room with his brother and I with my best friend.  Although not ideal it is under consideration to save the 2 solo cruisers money (they would only lose the $500 deposit as the final payment isn't due until April). 

Only problem is I already have beverage package, The Key, and a cabana booked under my name as well as all the dinner and show reservations linking our entire group.  If I move myself to my friend's room will I lose all of that and then have to repurchase with current pricing and rereserve all the dinner and show reservations?

If you are all cool with this, girlfriend moves into your room, hubby moves to his brother's room. It sounds like you are the first person on that reservation as you have said that you have booked the Key, and a Cabana in your name. She would have to pay for the Key, but your husband wouldn't (if his brother wasn't doing it already). You shouldn't loose anything if you are the main person on the reservation. Not sure if I am making much sense.

Unfortunately they want it to be moving me to the friends room and the brother to my husbands room as my friend and my husband/I both have balcony rooms but the brother has an interior room.  My husband already has the Key and a beverage package as well and wants to keep them but neither my friend nor the brother want the Key or the beverage package.  (Starting to see my predicament....lol)

5 minutes ago, panzafit said:

Unfortunately they want it to be moving me to the friends room and the brother to my husbands room as my friend and my husband/I both have balcony rooms but the brother has an interior room.  My husband already has the Key and a beverage package as well and wants to keep them but neither my friend nor the brother want the Key or the beverage package.  (Starting to see my predicament....lol)

Yikes. I see. So, here is a weird suggestion. It works with kids, so why not adults. Move brother into your friends room for the booking ONLY. Then when you get on the ship, go and get keys for the other rooms from the hotel desk and switch rooms then. That is what many parents do to get around the adult in each room issue some seem to have, or when bringing grandma along. They don't care where you sleep once you are on board. Pretty sure that they let you keep the original keys for charging, but give you room only keys for the other rooms.

Edited by WisconsinFan
  • Like 1

No way would I go for this.  You and your husband have booked and planned your cruise, and paid for lots of extras,.  If you change your cabin, you will lose everything and have to start over, some of which may no longer be available or  cost more.  The group dynamics of your cruise would make this an easy decision for me. The two new solos could either room together, stay solo or find replacements for those who are not longer able to cruise. Good luck! 

• Like 3

If you give up your room to move into others then all the onboard stuff gets refunded and you start again booking these from scratch.  And two people don't have to pay single supplement on their room.  Makes a lot more sense to move one of them move into other single cabin to save single supplement and then only one of them loses all prebooked stuff.  Up to you how you want to move around once onboard.  Or get them to find other people to replace the people who are not going.

Anyone moving into a cabin with you or your husband is going to have to buy Key and drink package, assuming you don't want to give yours up.

Edited by LeeW
more

When it comes to vacationing with others, I always feel that everyone paid for their own vacation, and is entitled to enjoy it the way they want to. You and your husband are going to have a completely different vacation then what you signed up for. I would let the solo people work out their own problems. 

Maybe I’m not very nice, but I would say no to this. I don’t want to share a room on a family trip with someone other than my husband. Nor do I want to deal with figuring out who owes what after all these room shifts and canceling things. I would let them figure it out without you sacrificing your vacation. 

8 hours ago, lazydayz said:

No way would I go for this.  You and your husband have booked and planned your cruise, and paid for lots of extras,.  If you change your cabin, you will lose everything and have to start over, some of which may no longer be available or  cost more.  The group dynamics of your cruise would make this an easy decision for me. The two new solos could either room together, stay solo or find replacements for those who are not longer able to cruise. Good luck! 

This is exactly right.  You and your husband have made YOUR plans for YOUR vacation.  There is no way would I allow their problem to become my problem.  They need to work out their own solutions.  

Edited by KeywestK
  • Like 1