Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield NJ Park Ride and Cruise

smile145

Hi, I am on the MSC Meraviglia leaving Oct 18 out of Manhattan cruise port.  I am driving from NH and do not want to drive in Manhattan.  This hotel offers a package for one night stay, parking for length of cruise, breakfast and transportation to and from the port.

I am looking for RECENT experiences (since they seem to have changed things over the years).  Tripadvisor has very positive reviews like "Transportation to and from the port was in late model Lincolns. Very comfortable. Pick up at the port was across the street and they were very prompt." and very negative reviews like "Waited 2 hours in cold for return car service from the Cruise and Park Package. Awful communication, poor service, and repeatedly lied to on phone."  These reviews are from the same place but so different!!!

I am most interested in reviews on the port transportation, don't care as much about the hotel room itself as long as its safe/clean.  If you stayed here on this package, Was your transportation by car or by shuttle bus?  Just your party or combined?  Was it on time?  How did you arrange leaving and pick up times?

Thank you

If you do a search on this hotel, its talked about regularly. I have no first hand experience.

With that said, driving to the Manhattan port really is no big deal. As soon as you get off the Henry Hudson parkway, the entrance is right there. No city driving required.

2 hours ago, phillyguy31 said:

Did this last June and plan to use them again in Dec. Everything went as planned,but anytime you are dealing with Manhattan traffic delays can happen.

Was it a car service or a shuttle bus with others?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2019 at 11:12 AM, smile145 said:

Hi, I am on the MSC Meraviglia leaving Oct 18 out of Manhattan cruise port.  I am driving from NH and do not want to drive in Manhattan.  This hotel offers a package for one night stay, parking for length of cruise, breakfast and transportation to and from the port.

I am looking for RECENT experiences (since they seem to have changed things over the years).  Tripadvisor has very positive reviews like "Transportation to and from the port was in late model Lincolns. Very comfortable. Pick up at the port was across the street and they were very prompt." and very negative reviews like "Waited 2 hours in cold for return car service from the Cruise and Park Package. Awful communication, poor service, and repeatedly lied to on phone."  These reviews are from the same place but so different!!!

I am most interested in reviews on the port transportation, don't care as much about the hotel room itself as long as its safe/clean.  If you stayed here on this package, Was your transportation by car or by shuttle bus?  Just your party or combined?  Was it on time?  How did you arrange leaving and pick up times?

Thank you

We stay here every year and we are checking in again tomorrow for our cruise on Sunday.  Yes, they are high-end cars that pick you up at the time of your choice.  It is always on time, actually they are always there five minutes before the time we requested.  Some time they are Lincolns or the big Mercedes.  We actually booked a room a few months ago for $278, tax included.  To park at the pier it would cost $280.00.  But you do have to factor in a tip for the driver both ways.  He will deal with your luggage which is a blessing for us:)

2 hours ago, DKane said:

We stay here every year and we are checking in again tomorrow for our cruise on Sunday.  Yes, they are high-end cars that pick you up at the time of your choice.  It is always on time, actually they are always there five minutes before the time we requested.  Some time they are Lincolns or the big Mercedes.  We actually booked a room a few months ago for $278, tax included.  To park at the pier it would cost $280.00.  But you do have to factor in a tip for the driver both ways.  He will deal with your luggage which is a blessing for us:)

Thank you so much!   And do you call them when you get off the ship or do you arrange a time and place?  I assume it’s chaos finding a car when everyone is getting off in NY.

On 3/22/2019 at 10:09 PM, smile145 said:

Thank you so much!   And do you call them when you get off the ship or do you arrange a time and place?  I assume it’s chaos finding a car when everyone is getting off in NY.

You call when you are in line to leave the ship. The typical meeting place is across 12th Avenue in the next block north. There's a taxi stand directly across 12th, so they can't pick you up there, and the side that the cruise terminal is on is congested with arriving passengers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2019 at 6:09 PM, smile145 said:

You call when you're ready to be picked up.  They always tell you to walk across the street and wait for them there but they always come and pick us up on the 2nd deck right in front of the ship.  We just came back yesterday from our cruise and it's still fresh in my mind.