Gratuities

jimpod

Not wanting to start a war here but can anyone on Ruby Princess tell me if the 15% gratuity on bar purchases has been increased to 18%?   A member of staff currently on the Ruby posted a photo of a bar receipt, on Facebook, today and the gratuity was showing as 18%.

• Thanks 1

Grats are included in the drink price with Princess. A $9 glass of wine is $9, not $9 plus grat.

I can't speak to the line-item breakdown, I just pay attention to the final cost. The ticket you sign has a place to add a grat, (perhaps a recommended percentage of the cost of the drink) but you are already paying one built into the price of the drink. That goes for all beverages served.

WOW - what a crockofcr!p

without ANY notice ????????????

come on Princess - I just checked my onboard reservations and my PBP ( which admittedly was still in the cart )

is now OUT OF STOCK !!!!!

and the only thing I saw listed was the bottle water package -

refills drink..popcorn on hold... settles in for 200 post minimum thread ....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, c-boy said:

A 3% increase on a $10 purchase equals .30 cents.  Hmmmmm.....  this is a hard one   :classic_dry:

now post all the changes over the last five years and see what that adds up too ...

add an entrée - $ 10

AIPB to PBP

loss of chair

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, voljeep said:

WOW - what a crockofcr!p

come on Princess - I just checked my onboard reservations and my PBP ( which admittedly was still in the cart )

4 minutes ago, voljeep said:

now post all the changes over the last five years and see what that adds up too ...

add an entrée - $ 10

AIPB to PBP

loss of chair

My CP beverage option is like yours...only the bottled water package.  All other drink packages have been removed which apparently is to increase the tip to 18%.

We received an email yesterday promoting the PBP for an upcoming cruise & in the small print at the bottom it shows an 18% service charge.

B664FA5C-0E0D-40D5-8AC0-B721EA1EE757.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Well Poop. My 24k Margarita and Chairman of the Board were $11.21 each ($9.75 + 15%). Now they will be $11.50 ($9.75 + 18%). It's not a huge amount but it's still quite annoying. For those like Voljeep who put the beverage package in the cart and hadn't paid for it yet got nuked.

Well Poop. My 24k Margarita and Chairman of the Board were $11.21 each ($9.75 + 15%). Now they will be $11.50 ($9.75 + 18%). It's not a huge amount but it's still quite annoying. For those like Voljeep who put the beverage package in the cart and hadn't paid for it yet got nuked.

53 minutes ago, EDDY0827 said:

Grats are included in the drink price with Princess. A $9 glass of wine is $9, not $9 plus grat.

I can't speak to the line-item breakdown, I just pay attention to the final cost. The ticket you sign has a place to add a grat, (perhaps a recommended percentage of the cost of the drink) but you are already paying one built into the price of the drink. That goes for all beverages served.

See above. The listed price is not the price you pay. The gratuities definitely are added on top of the menu price. Where did you get the idea that wasn't the case?

Edited by Thrak

46 minutes ago, voljeep said:

WOW - what a crockofcr!p

Cant be any worse than Norwegian's constant price gouging :classic_wink:

• Like 1

Yup...my Soda and More which I had reserved for this fall is now "Out Of Stock."  Way to go sneaky Princess.🤬  You'd think if one had a package reserved they would honor that... NOT. First the missing chair and now this - Princess, you are continuing to add to the bad taste in my mouth.  Disappointed!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Make a stand and tell them due to the increasing gratuities on drinks and drinks packages you are removing auto gratuities from your onboard account. If you dont make a stand and keep paying auto gratuities and throwing extra gratuities in cash whilst onboard they will carry on doing it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, c-boy said:

it ain't the hill to die on.

It is without doubt because if you do not make a stand they will keep on increasing prices and making extortionate profits and paying themselves at senior executive positions enormous pay while they expect us to pay staff wages with our tips. 

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

add an entrée - $ 10

AIPB to PBP

loss of chair

Add an entree for $10 is HAL not Princess, don't throw untruths into the debate.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Make a stand and tell them due to the increasing gratuities on drinks and drinks packages you are removing auto gratuities from your onboard account. If you dont make a stand and keep paying auto gratuities and throwing extra gratuities in cash whilst onboard they will carry on doing it.

That will show them, hurt the service staff who have nothing to do with the drink gratuity increase.

• Like 4

I always get the soda package and it only increases it by $1.47. If it going to the servers I really don't have a problem with it.

If you go to any land restaurant you will pay 18 to 20% gratuity. More in some places.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KatieMac67 said:

If you go to any land restaurant you will pay 18 to 20% gratuity. More in some places.

Would you please elaborate? 

Use of the word “any” is kinda dicey. 

In the land restaurants I patronize, I choose the tip amount. 

Interested to know what you mean by “more in some places”. 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Why would you want to punish the line staff? That won't show princess anything, , only take away from those who make the least. It does nothing to the executives who these decisions.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

The auto gratuities have absolutely nothing to do with the bars or the drink packages. They are for the waiters and stateroom stewards. The bartenders do not receive anything from the auto gratuities - their gratuities are the ones added to the prices of the drinks or the drink packages. The waiters and stateroom stewards have absolutely nothing to do with the prices of the drinks.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

Hosing the hard-working crew in protest?  Seriously?

• Like 3