Spring BREAKAWAY Live! 3/10/19

Gatorj

Gosh sorry about the cruddy service at OSheehans.  We were on 2 weeks ago and it was fine. Love Sid’s.  If you got there at 9 for a 930 start the first night, get there earlier tonight. The word gets out.  

• Like 1

Happened by Shakers and ran into the best bar tending duo from our cruise on the Bliss. Milan and Jovana. Kudos to them for being a fantastic pair of bartenders and a fantastic couple! That’s how you make it work on a cruise ship!

3 hours ago, Gatorj said:

As you can imagine, the questions asked are epic. If you’ve ever heard some of the cruise directors tell their “craziest questions asked” jokes, I can tell you most of them are true. I’ve heard some good ones already.

Inquiring minds want to know...

Are you going to share some of the crazy questions?

• Like 1

Inquiring minds want to know...
Are you going to share some of the crazy questions?

Asked by a woman on day 1 at savor: is this restaurant complimentary? Host says yes. Follow on question: so we ca eat here?

Example 2: does this elevator go all the way up? Umm, maybe? Depending on where you’re trying to go? Can you be more specific? Heaven? No. HAVEN? Yes.

She meant the buffet.

Example 3. Scooter driven into elevator. Can you press 8 for me? Sure. Ride up to 16. Still wants 8 pressed. Ok, got it before leaving elevator.

We were on 8 to begin with.

Leave the rest to the imagination.
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Gatorj said:

So, I do have a little vent, so if you don’t appreciate what I have to say, skip this section and move along.

There were 12 people at the meet and greet. 12. NCL has a very nice food and beverage setup and there were 9 officers. It was embarrassing. I know we had 30-40 on the meet and greet signup, so....if you’re not going to show, don’t sign up.

Hopping off the soap box now.

How horrible.

6 hours ago, Gatorj said:

So, gave Osheehans another try for lunch, because I like the food. The wait for water, food, etc is still excruciatingly long, but the food was good.

Shepard’s Pie and Chicken Fajitas.

Yum!

28 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

Enjoying your review.   We loved the Breakaway from NOLA in November and will be back on her in May out of Miami.  Can't wait to see more pictures and  read more of your adventure:classic_cool:

I’m in her in May too, so I’m loving this review as well! 

88818a6b541bbed37a45ce8cb307b285.jpg

In homage to others before me, the bathroom shot.

So, rant #2. This is a short rant. Literally. I’m not a tall guy. There’s only one urinal in here I can really use without being uncomfortable. I can only imagine why the NCL Joy didn’t do well in the China market if this is how they built that ship.

Not trying to stereotype. Look up the stats.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

338326d644327b6c1c8b6bb7faa4398d.jpg

The kids. This is the long hallway to food picture. I kept asking them to turn around. Finally they did.

Dinner tonight was Manhattan room. Why? Because the wait to get into taste and savor was 45 minutes. Why? Because that many people wanted to wear shorts and / or flip flops to dinner in the main restaurant. So, Manhattan room it is.

Funny, the people in front of us didn’t like the wait in taste /savor so they went to Manhattan. He’s wearing shorts.

Yep, they are denied entry. Spouse gives him “the look”. Guess who’s running to cabin to change.

We were seated immediately and had another very attentive wait staff.

Food was good tonight. Not great, just good. Not to bore you with options, but I had the spring rolls (great), the ravioli ( see last night - same thing), and the Pad Thai ( mediocre).

Dessert was very good. Posted already about that.

And now, Syd Norman.

I have 2 patches on tonight. You know why.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And to Pat from Minnesota (those who know, know), I have only come across one restroom during a prime time that was closed. Seems someone made a bit of a mess. I will gladly trade that closed restroom for the alternative - where you’re the one who discovers the “problem”.

I’m curious about your next late night O’Sheehan’s experience.  I’ve always found the service to be a bit slow as well.  I wish NCL had another late night food option vs. a sit down.

It’s gonna be the same.

In other news Jessie’s Girl is currently being performed by the band in Syd Norman’s and my wife has had to drink 2 shots in 7-14-21 courtesy of our DF.

3dbb93ad4fd5d8c6194242af68c5f025.jpg

4 hours ago, Gatorj said:

Happened by Shakers and ran into the best bar tending duo from our cruise on the Bliss. Milan and Jovana. Kudos to them for being a fantastic pair of bartenders and a fantastic couple! That’s how you make it work on a cruise ship!

Milan was my favorite bartender from the Bliss also.  Glad to find out he is on the Breakaway but wish he was on the Bliss again next month.

Enjoying your review...sounds like you are having a fantastic cruise!

Yep. Woo woo shots. And the dewars and water. The other FIVE woo woos have been consumed. 36c247a1a1f821b400df33b2cf4ed97e.jpg

By the way, I don’t care how many patches you wear ( yeh, Sid, this is for you) the drunk is real. See tomorrow am for results of tonight’s experiment.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Osheehans for night night snack. Going to bed early. Have a very special excursion tomorrow. I may or may not tell you about it.

Ok, I will but after. You’ll just have to wait.

Until then, I leave you with another round of chicken wings. And slow service. Better than last night; but dang? Why can’t they figure this out?
There’s not that many people in here at 11:20pm.

NCL, if you’re reading this, I don’t know if it’s the lack of servers, the lack of training, the lack of kitchen staff cooking or the lack of .......I just don’t know.

I LOVE Osheehans. I just can’t figure out the problem.

• Like 1

Thanks for the review. Will be going on her April 28th! Birthday cruise!!

I've always found O'Sheehans service late night to be slow and only 1 server usually working.

On the dawn we tried some new things at osheehans.... first I love hot dogs but not big on the kraut, so I asked for the nacho cheese and bacon on. It was good.

Everyone complains about the nachos, which I also like. I just asked for extra jalapenos and bacon. Kicked it up a notch. They do try to fill needs when you treat them right!

Enjoy!

7 hours ago, Gatorj said:

Yep. Woo woo shots. And the dewars and water. The other FIVE woo woos have been consumed. 36c247a1a1f821b400df33b2cf4ed97e.jpg

By the way, I don’t care how many patches you wear ( yeh, Sid, this is for you) the drunk is real. See tomorrow am for results of tonight’s experiment.

I'm hoping to have some limited edition patches named after me soon... Have an awesome remainder of the cruise!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Gatorj said:

88818a6b541bbed37a45ce8cb307b285.jpg

In homage to others before me, the bathroom shot.

So, rant #2. This is a short rant. Literally. I’m not a tall guy. There’s only one urinal in here I can really use without being uncomfortable. I can only imagine why the NCL Joy didn’t do well in the China market if this is how they built that ship.

Not trying to stereotype. Look up the stats.

The second public bathroom homage in a week... I feel like a celebrity...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Slow service is relative.  What are you experiencing?  30 minutes or more?  We got apps in about 15 and then entrees about 15 minutes later.  About average for a restaurant in our experience vs. a fast food joint. 

Love your review.  Thanks.