Symphony Live, March 9th to 16th - We’re Bach! A sharp review with flat Cs.

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Looking forward to the review.  I'm sure it will be a great cruise. Don't Strauss over anything.  Make a  Liszt of everything you want to do. 

Great response cruisegirl1.  I hadyn  thought about it before, but with any gluck , he should be abel to have a good time.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Grenouille21 said:

Following along, as we board the Symphony the day you disembark!   I have silently followed a few of your other trip reports.  Thanks for sharing your vacations! 

Will Owen be going to the kids/teen club?  My teens are a bit uncertain as they LOVED the club on our Holland America sailing and were not as fond of the Disney clubs.  DCL had too many kids and too little structure and the counselors didn't really talk to the kids.  HAL had very few kids and more structure, and the counselors were WAY more friendly and interactive.  The counselors on HAL were among *my* favorite people on board, as they pointed me to the best bars, best drinks, and best days, times, and locations for wildlife sightings (Alaska).  

Anyway, looking forward to this report!

Thanks for following along. Believe it or not, Owen is only 11.  He has a year until the teen club. Right now girls are no where on his radar. 

26 minutes ago, kpark895 said:

Congrats to Owen and his team!  Looking forward to another great A&L review!

Thanks. 

8 minutes ago, truffles2 said:

Great response cruisegirl1.  I hadyn  thought about it before, but with any gluck , he should be abel to have a good time.

You must have been Chopin at the bit to post that one. 😂

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Thanks for following along. Believe it or not, Owen is only 11.  He has a year until the teen club. Right now girls are no where on his radar. 

Thanks. 

You must have been Chopin at the bit to post that one. 😂

Ya, just trying to be sharp.:classic_rolleyes:

Well, looky here! Andrew has gone LIVE! [emoji3590][emoji847] I’m going to have to hop on the live bandwagon! and the comment about Owen not being interested in girls yet? Well, he’s about to meet my worldly college girls. They also can talk hockey. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

This past weekend we travelled through the famous Beaver Valley. It’s always fun at Beaver Valley. It’s a good place to plant your pole if you are a skier, down hill or cross country.

Am I the only 13 year old laughing at this?

So looking forward to this, Andrew. Are York & CLR joining? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

41 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

My son was one month shy of his 13th birthday on our HAL cruise and they wouldn't let him in to the Teen Club.  Luckily he found a friend who was one WEEK shy of his 13th birthday who was also stuck in the same club so they and the counselors became BFFs for the week.  

You're in the sweet spot with Owen.  My son's hormones are kicking in and it has been... interesting, especially as a solo mom.  

5 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

This past weekend we travelled through the famous Beaver Valley. It’s always fun at Beaver Valley. It’s a good place to plant your pole if you are a skier, down hill or cross country.

LOL. Best post all day. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Congrats on Owen and his team winning the tourney.My son's hockey team has a tourney  in a couple weeks.Hopefully we have the same result.

Have a safe trip to Miami and enjoy your vacation away from the snow.Look forward to reading about your adventures once again.

It is amazing how quickly they go from ‘no girls on the radar’ to ....well...the total opposite...

It all happened in a single day around here right around the 12th Birthday last fall...everything was normal until one fine day when he was the only 6th grader on the middle school basketball team and girls were throwing themselves at him (because that’s what 6th grade girls do)...’Our’ life (this is like ‘we’) will never be the same....

1 hour ago, nashirak said:

I think you’re holding out that joke a little too long. You missed the cutoff. 

LOL, I don’t like your tone.

54 minutes ago, Cat8bird said:

Whoohoo!!! Looking so forward to this.Thanks for taking us along.  Safe travels. 

Stacie.

Thanks Stacie. 

20 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Will be following from Harmony! emoji4.png
Safe travels tomorrow Andrew & Lisa and family!

Thanks. Enjoy Harmony, I know you will. 

16 minutes ago, joand452 said:

Congrats to Owen and his team!!

Following along, as usual!

He says thank-you. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, MrFunInTheSun said:

Thanks for bringing us along! I sure miss being on Symphony. Are those new snow pictures or recycled ones? Snow banks don’t seem much higher than before. 😜

New photo from last week. We have had the snow come and go a few times.

This was video was from a few weeks ago.  It rained on the snow, turning it to ice. That happened once a week for three weeks. Owen missed 8 days of school in January and February due to the weather. 

I wonder how many daiquiris can be made from that ice. Might be a little gritty though. 😉

• Haha 1

Of course I'm folliowing along.  We will be on Harmony this spring break week - sorry we'll miss you.  Anxious to hear all about Symphony!  Safe travels tomorrow....and a BIG Congrats to Owen and team.  Fun times!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NSnewcruiser said:

Congrats on Owen and his team winning the tourney.My son's hockey team has a tourney  in a couple weeks.Hopefully we have the same result.

Have a safe trip to Miami and enjoy your vacation away from the snow.Look forward to reading about your adventures once again.

Best of luck to him and his team. Owen’s team has no games until we return from March break on the Saturday. His first game is on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. The following Saturday Owen has been selected to play in the regional All Star Game, and that will be the end of the hockey season, until summer camps. 

22 minutes ago, Cel_cruise said:

It is amazing how quickly they go from ‘no girls on the radar’ to ....well...the total opposite...

It all happened in a single day around here right around the 12th Birthday last fall...everything was normal until one fine day when he was the only 6th grader on the middle school basketball team and girls were throwing themselves at him (because that’s what 6th grade girls do)...’Our’ life (this is like ‘we’) will never be the same....

I told him to learn the guitar, since he can play the ukulele.  In a few years he can thank me after the campfire singalongs.😉 One day it will happen. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, windjamming said:

Am I the only 13 year old laughing at this?

So looking forward to this, Andrew. Are York & CLR joining? 

I was laughing all weekend. Now, if it had to guess, watch for scopes from Rick and Tim might comment here or there. 

38 minutes ago, MrFunInTheSun said:

LOL. Best post all day. 🙂

It might get better... or worse depending on one’s humour. 

One of Lisa’s friends posted this the other day and we almost died laughing. And since we were just in Beaver Valley it only seems appropriate to share it.  

Now for those that have never followed one of my reviews, if you can’t watch this without laughing I suggest you stop reading now.  Turn up your volume and enjoy. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

Last couple pics for the night, as the alarm is set for 5:50am.

Lucy. 

0028D712-889B-4A0B-83B7-C50A727C8465.thumb.jpeg.da3115fe712ef7e011e86ae536731b9a.jpeg

06D01DBB-34AD-4F4A-B660-8693EA7D7F89.thumb.jpeg.5fa2e54fb1645895c559628b70c5f82e.jpeg

C12AA7D3-2B69-4DB0-BA68-1335A2EFA87A.thumb.jpeg.b0e6802ec7bd1bc312f75793651d350a.jpeg

And her attacking the tree after the last big melt a few weeks ago. Hilarious cat. 

3A78F368-3401-46A6-9EE9-1A21B7A0472A.thumb.jpeg.14ba732557ac8fb8e172b82a98083055.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I was laughing all weekend. Now, if it had to guess, watch for scopes from Rick and Tim might comment here or there. 

It might get better... or worse depending on one’s humour. 

One of Lisa’s friends posted this the other day and we almost died laughing. And since we were just in Beaver Valley it only seems appropriate to share it.  

Now for those that have never followed one of my reviews, if you can’t watch this without laughing I suggest you stop reading now.  Turn up your volume and enjoy. 

Oh a friend of mine just posted about the book Brenda's beaver needing a trim in one of my facebook groups. Best book I saw all week. LOL

It surely made my day. Pretty sure Brenda's beaver was happier too, not lugging around all that extra fur. 🙂

• Like 2