(Good) Change in Elite Happy Hour on the Silhouette

chamima

We are just off a month on the Silhouette and the policy for the Elite Happy Hour was that there were unlimited drinks (from the Elite list of drinks) in any bar on the ship (except for the World Class Bar and the Martini Bar) from 5 to 7 every evening loaded on our sea pass cards.

Thought I'd report about a nice change for once.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, chamima said:

We are just off a month on the Silhouette and the policy for the Elite Happy Hour was that there were unlimited drinks (from the Elite list of drinks) in any bar on the ship (except for the World Class Bar and the Martini Bar) from 5 to 7 every evening loaded on our sea pass cards.

That’s good to hear, I believe I read that was also the case on the Reflection... I guess I’ll find out for sure on Monday 🍸😎

That change occurred within the past few weeks.  Nice enhancement to the Elite perks, except for those of us who dine late and don’t have our first cocktail until after 7.  But we do make use of the internet and laundry perks so it’s all good.

23 minutes ago, chamima said:

When you say "loaded on our sea pass cards", do you mean you had to show your card for each drink, even though they are unlimited? Did they just check the CC status on the card or did they run it through like they do for a purchased drink or beverage package? (That would take a lot of time, with all the Elites at the bars from 5 to 7pm)

Also, did you happen to notice/remember which wines were on the list? I don't mean which varietals like that there was a merlot, but WHICH merlot, etc.?

Yes, that is nice - however, in August we were able to get our CC drinks in the MDR on the Silhouette.  2 weeks ago we could not on the Edge.  Said it was a policy change they were rolling out fleetwide.  Seemed to be a bit hit or miss before, so we shall see.

Getting drinks in the MDR was a huge plus for us.

Mike

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mandream said:

Yes, that is nice - however, in August we were able to get our CC drinks in the MDR on the Silhouette.  2 weeks ago we could not on the Edge.  Said it was a policy change they were rolling out fleetwide.  Seemed to be a bit hit or miss before, so we shall see.

Getting drinks in the MDR was a huge plus for us.

Mike

I believe being able to get the drinks in the MDR was a trial event, that was not adopted fleet-wide, and is no longer offered on any ship.

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

That change occurred within the past few weeks.  Nice enhancement to the Elite perks, except for those of us who dine late and don’t have our first cocktail until after 7.  But we do make use of the internet and laundry perks so it’s all good.

I also usually wait until after 7....am for my first cocktail!!! 

By the way, previous Elite drink happy hrs perks whether done in the forward lounges or using tickets at bars all ended at 7pm so this enhancement doesn’t change anything for you.  You could make a switch in your habits and have a cocktail made up at 6:45pm and enjoy it, or hold it for 15min and then drink it - Voila, a free cocktail!!  (And please, those that insist reminding us that nothing is ‘free’ - it is for me.....you are helping me pay for it!!).

Den

Edited by Denny01
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, late2cruisin said:

When you say "loaded on our sea pass cards", do you mean you had to show your card for each drink, even though they are unlimited? Did they just check the CC status on the card or did they run it through like they do for a purchased drink or beverage package? (That would take a lot of time, with all the Elites at the bars from 5 to 7pm)

Also, did you happen to notice/remember which wines were on the list? I don't mean which varietals like that there was a merlot, but WHICH merlot, etc.?

We had a drink package so didn't make use of the Elite benefit.

I'm only reporting what the "Elite Benefits" page in our cabin said.

Hopefully someone who actually used it can comment.

26 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

We are in a suite and have the premium beverage package.  Can I used my Elite Benefit and give a drink to a friend?

Thanks

The answer is no.. The benefit cannot be shared.. same as the beverage packaged. A cruiser either 'earns' a free drink with loyalty or pays for it

17 hours ago, Denny01 said:

I also usually wait until after 7....am for my first cocktail!!! 

By the way, previous Elite drink happy hrs perks whether done in the forward lounges or using tickets at bars all ended at 7pm so this enhancement doesn’t change anything for you.  You could make a switch in your habits and have a cocktail made up at 6:45pm and enjoy it, or hold it for 15min and then drink it - Voila, a free cocktail!!  (And please, those that insist reminding us that nothing is ‘free’ - it is for me.....you are helping me pay for it!!).

Den

I am aware the hours have been 5-7 for years. Just wish they would have extended the hours rather than increasing the amount of drinks one can have.  

Thanks for your suggestion of getting a drink at 6:45 but we’ll stick with our routine and have our pre dinner drink around 7 30.  

3 hours ago, jelayne said:

I am aware the hours have been 5-7 for years. Just wish they would have extended the hours rather than increasing the amount of drinks one can have.  

Thanks for your suggestion of getting a drink at 6:45 but we’ll stick with our routine and have our pre dinner drink around 7 30.  

Don’t you usually have a drink package? Or at least access to the Michael’s club?

Edited by jagoffee

On 3/8/2019 at 12:35 AM, chamima said:

Was this for normal elite status guests?

2 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Don’t you usually have a drink package? Or at least access to the Michael’s club?

Yes, we do.  I would like to go packageless but we like our wine & cocktails.  Unfortunately for us, we are late night drinkers so the CC happy hour doesn’t work for us.  But we do take full advantage of the E+ Laundry and internet perks.  So we are not complaining- for us the glass is half full.  A lot better than those who see the glass as half full😊

• Thanks 1