Radiance divider curtain

Hi all! We’re considering a balcony stateroom for the May 2020 Hawaii sailing, and I see many photos online showing a divider curtain in the room. Do any of you know if they’re still there? We’ve rigged curtains around our little guy’s crib before but would be very glad to not have to pack the curtains and magnet hooks!

Thanks!

I have asked this question before and not gotten an answer. Does anyone know? From youtube videos there do appear to be curtains but I can't tell if they are full curtains that go across the room or just decorative touches. 

I remember the one on Serenade. It did not even come out 3 feet from the wall. Not sure if it was meant to be that way, or if it was a make shift replacement. 

I do not remember the one on the Jewel, and we were in the same cabin that we had on Serenade. Getting older sucks.

Edited by Mikew0805

We were on Radiance last August in a balcony room on deck 7. There WAS a curtain. We could basically enclose the small sofa where our 7 year old slept. I did not try to pull it all the way to the opposite wall, so I can't say if that's possible, but I do know that we did it about 3/4 the way around him or more.

• Thanks 1

RCI's older ships always had them and I loved them! Then they started to make the newer ships with the ones that were just decorative touches that didn't pull across to the other side. Since my dh often turns in earlier than me, it's handy in that it somewhat blocks off the dressing area, sofa and desk. Wish they had them on ALL ships for at least the one room cabins.

20 hours ago, Mikew0805 said:

I remember the one on Serenade. It did not even come out 3 feet from the wall. Not sure if it was meant to be that way, or if it was a make shift replacement. 

I do not remember the one on the Jewel, and we were in the same cabin that we had on Serenade. Getting older sucks.

My cabins on Serenade had Curtain on each side that met in middle, one came out maybe 4ft other rest way across. Just looked at my pics from 9256 and 8168 and was on there

• Thanks 1

We were on Radiance in summer of 2017 in a balcony cabin. We did have the curtain that went across the room. It was nice because my DH goes to bed earlier than me and our teenage son. We could still watch a movie with a little light on. So, unless they have done some kind of a refurb since then, it should have the curtain.

We will be on Harmony at the end of the month. No curtain. We’ll see how it goes. I like the curtain. It gives privacy and blocks the light.

Edited by rkkunk

20 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

My cabins on Serenade had Curtain on each side that met in middle, one came out maybe 4ft other rest way across. Just looked at my pics from 9256 and 8168 and was on there

LOL it has been 11+ years since that Hawaii cruise (holy crap time flies) so I am not sure, but I wonder if I looked at one side, and assumed the other was the same way. Probably!

26 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

LOL it has been 11+ years since that Hawaii cruise (holy crap time flies) so I am not sure, but I wonder if I looked at one side, and assumed the other was the same way. Probably!

Yeah no problem. But then the D Cabins and E cabin Cats of old have curtain is different spot also...

2 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Yeah no problem. But then the D Cabins and E cabin Cats of old have curtain is different spot also...

I think ours was an E cabin back then. We were deck 7 forward, starboard. The ones with the extended balcony. Awesome cabins!! 

5 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

I think ours was an E cabin back then. We were deck 7 forward, starboard. The ones with the extended balcony. Awesome cabins!! 

You know it! Done 200 nites in Aft Radiance Class Cabins, have another 60+ in next yr...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

On the Radiance now off the coast of New Zealand.  have a balcony cabin on deck 7. All balcony cabins that I have seen with the door open as I walk down the hall have the privacy curtain like mine.  It extends all the way across the rom to the TV.  it’s also very thick so that could help with soundproofing. 

Any other Radiance questions fire away.  We lost our time at the New Zealand Fjordlands sounds and are now in a three days at sea itinerary as we make our way back to Sydney.

Ship is in excellent condition interior wise. they are always cleaning and renewing. There’s a new captain (formerly on

Radiance as a first officer I think) who is handling the itinerary changes with safety first mentality and being VERY visible to the passengers who want to hear from him personally about the weather conditions and why the missed ports. I think the dining room food is as good as it was back in the day before megaships. We have a lot of Aussies onboard and as an American I am enjoying their personalities. 

My best cruise ever...and this is the number between 12 and 14.

Susan

• Thanks 1

Glad to hear all is well on the Radiance.  We will be on her for 34 days ne t year for the circumnavigation. 

As for the curtain issue, it was in our aft deck 8 cabin on the Brilliance over new years.  Wouldn't have noticed it but our granddaughter spent a night with us, "a sleepover " she told me, and she pulled the curtain across.  I guess her parents did that in their cabin and she knew to do it.