Guarantee Balcony - Handicap room assigned?

alexamoss93

Hi everyone! Looking for a little insight. We booked a "guarantee balcony" through cruises.com on the NCL Jewel sailing to Alaska this September, and now that we are paid in full, we have already been assigned our stateroom. It is showing stateroom 9150 (category BC) which upon further investigation and looking at the deck plans is a handicap room. Neither of us are handicapped, so I'm a little confused why they would assign us this stateroom instead of reserving it for someone who actually needs it? Not sure if I should call NCL to ask what's up, or just leave it be. Happy to have been assigned a room on the 9th deck but just confused why they would assign us a handicap room. Any insight? 

2 hours ago, alexamoss93 said:

Hi everyone! Looking for a little insight. We booked a "guarantee balcony" through cruises.com on the NCL Jewel sailing to Alaska this September, and now that we are paid in full, we have already been assigned our stateroom. It is showing stateroom 9150 (category BC) which upon further investigation and looking at the deck plans is a handicap room. Neither of us are handicapped, so I'm a little confused why they would assign us this stateroom instead of reserving it for someone who actually needs it? Not sure if I should call NCL to ask what's up, or just leave it be. Happy to have been assigned a room on the 9th deck but just confused why they would assign us a handicap room. Any insight? 

Same thing happened to me with my Getaway sailing and a balcony guarantee for last December, and the booking was made more than 9 months in advance.  Very strange to be immediately (the next day) assigned a handicapped room, when other rooms were open at that time.  We just let it be, as we were bidding on a Haven upgrade, which we did eventually get.  We would, of course, have had no issues with giving up the room if they needed it for someone with a disability, regardless of the Haven upgrade, as we did not need a handicapped cabin either.  

I would just let it be.  Enjoy the extra space if you end up staying in the room!