Any recent Dailies for Equinox Western Caribbean?

Tatiana84

I will be traveling on the Equinox in 15 days! Yay me! I have looked everywhere online and in this forum for dailies for the Western Caribbean but have found nothing recent. I like to look at dailies to be able to pack accordingly if there is a 70's night, white hot party and similar events to be better prepared to participate in. If anyone has something(or knows of a blog or website that does), it would be greatly appreciated if you'd share that with me.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Celebrity isn't like Royal with themed events that you will see people dressing for. While they may do a "themed" event I don't ever remember it being more than just that. Was on same route on Equinox this past July and don't remember any of them standing out. We will also be on this same sailing with u guys 😉

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

As Steve said, Celebrity does not do themed nights that require different dress than any other night.  

I understand though, there have been "Full Moon" parties on Equinox and some passengers who participate wear white.  (I also read not many do, but some do.)

You may also wear something fun to the "Silent Disco" party.  I hear this is fun.  I watched a few youtube videos of this and people have a good time.

Its funny that you all mention that, but looking at celebrity's website: https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/entertainment/events-parties-experiences it shows otherwise. They have an interactive 60's "Groove" Party, a Latin inspired party... so much more. I would like to see which parties would be hosted on the western Caribbean just to be ready to join in on these parties.

Also, we will be traveling during spring break so the average age group drops down by a few decades... maybe things will be different on this sailing.

Edited by Tatiana84

During our October 2018 sailing on Equinox there was a "Full Moon Party" (despite the absence of an actual full moon), for which guests were encouraged to wear white.  I would say that most in attendance (80%) did wear white, but not everyone.  I can't recall any other theme nights, but I highly recommend downloading the celebrity app and selecting the Equinox 03/09/2019 sailing (which happens to be western Caribbean) to view the activity schedule.  The activities are pretty consistent week-to-week, even if the info is not 100% accurate, you’ll have a decent idea of what to expect.  HTH – happy sailing!

32 minutes ago, Tatiana84 said:

Also, we will be traveling during spring break so the average age group drops down by a few decades... maybe things will be different on this sailing.

I looked at the Spring Break calendar.  While there are a lot of schools with spring break our week, the peak seems to be now to 3/23.  https://www.studentcity.com/when-is-my-spring-break  I'm going on the assumption most college kids on cruises will be on Carnival or Royal.  The average age may not be as low as you think.  We'll see.  I could be wrong.  I don't mind the Spring break crowd.  Makes the cruise more fun and lively. 

We did the Western route a few weeks ago and I cannot recall any type of special theme parties. They're not typical on Celebrity. I know they didn't do any evening events outside or even in the solarium. The cruise director was not the best so maybe that had something to do with our particular cruise.

1 hour ago, mfs2k said:

I looked at the Spring Break calendar.  While there are a lot of schools with spring break our week, the peak seems to be now to 3/23.  https://www.studentcity.com/when-is-my-spring-break  I'm going on the assumption most college kids on cruises will be on Carnival or Royal.  The average age may not be as low as you think.  We'll see.  I could be wrong.  I don't mind the Spring break crowd.  Makes the cruise more fun and lively. 

Wow... I never knew there was a site that tracked spring break! Well, for Miami-Dade County Public Schools(4th largest school district in the nation) and Broward County, spring break will be the week of 3/23. I'm sure there will be tons of little kids, tweens and teens on vacation. To be honest, when I booked this trip... it was one of the cheapest compared to RCCL and NCL during spring break. 

1 hour ago, Tatiana84 said:

Its funny that you all mention that, but looking at celebrity's website: https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/entertainment/events-parties-experiences it shows otherwise. They have an interactive 60's "Groove" Party, a Latin inspired party... so much more. I would like to see which parties would be hosted on the western Caribbean just to be ready to join in on these parties.

Celebrity...especially a 7 night sailing doesn't really attract a spring break crowd...so i wouldn't expect much to be different than any other sailing even though this is a school break week for the area. You may have a few more families aboard but not having the bells and whistles that Royal has there isn't much to attract young families with kids.

Just now, Tatiana84 said:

Wow... I never knew there was a site that tracked spring break! Well, for Miami-Dade County Public Schools(4th largest school district in the nation) and Broward County, spring break will be the week of 3/23. I'm sure there will be tons of little kids, tweens and teens on vacation. To be honest, when I booked this trip... it was one of the cheapest compared to RCCL and NCL during spring break. 

Oh!  I didn’t realize the public schools were on break that week. I assumed the breaks corresponded to Easter. I guess there will be a lot of kids. 

Yes. I found the prices to be really good this week too. I booked in mid Jan for concierge. I looked at RC and Carnival.  We upgraded 3 days later to Aqua for the same cost after a price drop. 

Just to put the kids thing into perspective.....during Christmas week this class ship has maybe 300 kids sailing and thats about the most you see on Celebrity. Compare that to a similar size Royal ship that will have over 2000 sailing during that same period....go to oasis class and you will have close to 3000 kids this week. Thus the reason my GF and I are sailing Celebrity...she is a Broward County school teacher off this week and we are looking to escape the mass kids crowd.

Edited by bajathree
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, bajathree said:

Just to put the kids thing into perspective.....during Christmas week this class ship has maybe 300 kids sailing and thats about the most you see on Celebrity. Compare that to a similar size Royal ship that will have over 2000 sailing during that same period....go to oasis class and you will have close to 3000 kids this week. Thus the reason my GF and I are sailing Celebrity...she is a Broward County school teacher off this week and we are looking to escape the mass kids crowd.

We need a SHOCKED emoji here on CC

holy moly thats a lot of kids!!!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, bajathree said:

I made the mistake of going on the NCL Getaway in Spring Break of 2014 and it was a nightmare. I swore never again to cruise during MDCPS spring break, but here I am back at it again. Although Celebrity is different, I do remember having a whole lot of kids during the spring break sailing on the Silhouette in 2017.

14 minutes ago, Tatiana84 said:

I made the mistake of going on the NCL Getaway in Spring Break of 2014 and it was a nightmare. I swore never again to cruise during MDCPS spring break, but here I am back at it again. Although Celebrity is different, I do remember having a whole lot of kids during the spring break sailing on the Silhouette in 2017.

The added benefit to booking Aquaclass and having Blu for dining....KIDS FREE ZONE 🙂

• Like 1