Iguazu Falls - Is this doable?

coupeb

Our cruise ends in Buenos Aires.  We want see Iguazu Falls and then carry on to Rio de Janeiro before flying home.  Due to the way the flights to/from Igauzu work, we're thinking of doing things in this order to make the most of our time:

1. Fly early morning from Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls - Argentina side airport; check in to hotel in town on Argentina side.

2. Visit Brazil side of the Falls that afternoon.

3. Spend the next day visiting the Argentinian side of the Falls.

4. Fly out the next morning to Rio from the Brazil side airport.

Will this work? 

Any issues with the Brazil Visa entering Brazil twice?  

Thanks very much.

4 hours ago, coupeb said:

Our cruise ends in Buenos Aires.  We want see Iguazu Falls and then carry on to Rio de Janeiro before flying home.  Due to the way the flights to/from Igauzu work, we're thinking of doing things in this order to make the most of our time:

1. Fly early morning from Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls - Argentina side airport; check in to hotel in town on Argentina side.

2. Visit Brazil side of the Falls that afternoon.

3. Spend the next day visiting the Argentinian side of the Falls.

4. Fly out the next morning to Rio from the Brazil side airport.

Will this work? 

Any issues with the Brazil Visa entering Brazil twice?  

Thanks very much.

Absolutely!

I only don't understand why you need three days. It's more than enough to have just one day to see the Argentinian side of the Falls. 

Last December we did the same itinerary:

1. Flew early morning from Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls - Argentina side airport; check in to hotel in town on Argentina side; did the tour of the Argentinian side. Had a great dinner at the local restaurant. 

2. Day 2: Visit Brazil side of the Falls. 

Our flight was late in the evening. We could have had it in the late afternoon. There are different routes on Brazilian side of the Falls, but you actually need to see only The Devil's Throat. Some may disagree with me, but our group felt that it was a waste of time to spend the whole day on Brazilian side (especially when the temperature was 112 F!).

It is doable. We did both sides on one day. 

We spent 5 hours an the Argentina side, started 8:00 am and walked the blue loop and to the Devils throat with the train. 

It was not to busy in the morning and not to hot and it was beautiful. 

1:00 pm our private taxi dropped us off at the Brazilien side where we spent 4 hours. 

After lots off walking in Argentina it was great that Busses bring you to the Falls to see the highlights. 

We flew from Buenos Aires to Argentina and stayed at the Brazilien side in order to have inland flights only. And have no delay with boarder crossing. It was all easy. 

We had amazing private accommodation 

and great driver allways be on time. 

3 hours ago, TroubleT said:

Absolutely!

I only don't understand why you need three days. It's more than enough to have just one day to see the Argentinian side of the Falls. 

Last December we did the same itinerary:

1. Flew early morning from Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls - Argentina side airport; check in to hotel in town on Argentina side; did the tour of the Argentinian side. Had a great dinner at the local restaurant. 

2. Day 2: Visit Brazil side of the Falls. 

Our flight was late in the evening. We could have had it in the late afternoon. There are different routes on Brazilian side of the Falls, but you actually need to see only The Devil's Throat. Some may disagree with me, but our group felt that it was a waste of time to spend the whole day on Brazilian side (especially when the temperature was 112 F!).

The devils throat is at the Argentina side. 

That itinerary should work.  In January 2017 we flew in from and back to Rio and spent 2 nights on the Brazilian side.  Having arrived in the early afternoon, we spent a couple of hours at the Bird Sanctuary on the Brazilian side.  The entire next day was devoted to the Argentine side -- there are 3 major trails (IIRC) and falls to see (including Devil's Throat) and it really does take a full day (or close to it) to see everything.  The last day we spent the morning (about 3 hours) on the Brazilian side.  There is one main trail/road and we all (4 adults) thought the panoramic views (of the Argentine side) were the most spectacular of the visit.  We flew back to Rio around 4 pm.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/9/2019 at 5:41 AM, capriccio said:

That itinerary should work.  In January 2017 we flew in from and back to Rio and spent 2 nights on the Brazilian side.  Having arrived in the early afternoon, we spent a couple of hours at the Bird Sanctuary on the Brazilian side.  The entire next day was devoted to the Argentine side -- there are 3 major trails (IIRC) and falls to see (including Devil's Throat) and it really does take a full day (or close to it) to see everything.  The last day we spent the morning (about 3 hours) on the Brazilian side.  There is one main trail/road and we all (4 adults) thought the panoramic views (of the Argentine side) were the most spectacular of the visit.  We flew back to Rio around 4 pm.

Did you organize this on your own or go with a tour group?   If a tour group, who did you use?  Thanks for any info you can share

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, coupeb, that will work. I visited Iguazu Falls last month and you really don't need much time in Brazil, you can see everything in two hours. We did complement the visit with the boat under the falls and the Parque das Aves. I do recommend taking an entire day to see everything on the Argentine side. There is a lot to see, we entered the park at 9:30 and left at 18, only because it was closing. Both sides are wonderful, though. If you need it, I can recommend a taxi driver, he took us everywhere and gave us great advice to really make the most of our time.

6 hours ago, Iriel said:

Yes, coupeb, that will work. I visited Iguazu Falls last month and you really don't need much time in Brazil, you can see everything in two hours. We did complement the visit with the boat under the falls and the Parque das Aves. I do recommend taking an entire day to see everything on the Argentine side. There is a lot to see, we entered the park at 9:30 and left at 18, only because it was closing. Both sides are wonderful, though. If you need it, I can recommend a taxi driver, he took us everywhere and gave us great advice to really make the most of our time.

Thanks!  I would love to get the name of your taxi driver.  Please email me at bonita dot couper at shaw dot ca

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2019 at 2:41 AM, Iriel said:

Hi, hate to impose upon you too but could you please send me the name of your taxi driver too?  Thanks a million.

(email denLkap at aol dot com) 

• Like 1

On 5/2/2019 at 4:26 PM, powell said:

Hi! If not too much trouble, please can I also have the name of the taxi driver. Will he take you to the Brazil side as well?

Thanks

I can't send you a private message. Please give me your email address :)

9 hours ago, travelbug1 said:

And again, someone looking for the name of the private taxi driver at the falls.  Please email me the contact info at smooreleeathotmaildotcom  Thanks!

I've sent you the info.

Here's my email to ask me the name of the taxi driver: irielillaathotmaildotcom 

Edited by Iriel