We just returned from Cuba!!!!!

mahondi

7 hours ago, dawnbt said:

Wow that's amazing! I looked at Shoretrips, Shore Excursion Group, and NCL and the best deal I could find was $70 per person for a three hour walking tour. Thank you all!

They really are worth it,  They will take you where ever you want.  You will also be driven in a beautiful old car that will be in great condition. I was in a 1956 chevy.  The guide really know their stuff :)

I am curious how long the process is disembarking in Havana. Trying to figure out time needed before meeting our guide. So is there a bag inspection, I guess they check your Visa, etc. is money changing place close by. Are lines long to exchange money into CUCs?  Thanks in advance for your help. Sailing on NCL Sun at end of April. 

1 hour ago, dawnprincess said:

I am curious how long the process is disembarking in Havana. Trying to figure out time needed before meeting our guide. So is there a bag inspection, I guess they check your Visa, etc. is money changing place close by. Are lines long to exchange money into CUCs?  Thanks in advance for your help. Sailing on NCL Sun at end of April. 

It depends on if you are one of the first ones off the ship or not.  I was one of the first and it took 10-15 minutes before I was out the door.

You go through immigration, give them your Visa, show your passport,   then the money exchange is right down from there.   Again for exchanging the money depends on how fast you are off the ship...

Most of the guides have a set time of meeting.  9 or 10 am depending on your ship.

Alana

On 3/22/2019 at 5:48 PM, newcruiser1956 said:

I was Blexie last year and am returning to Havana in May and touring again with them.  You may message him on his facebook page or shoot him another email.  It does sometimes take him a few days to get back with you.   He has lots of guides,  their English is excellent and they really do know the history of their country.  Much better than most Americans know of our own. (smile)   

Thanks!

That is how I ended up getting back in touch with Blexie.  he responded to my FB message in a matter of minutes.  It turned out he found the email confirmation he was trying to send me in his "drafts" folder!   He sent it straight away and we are set!