Happy hour question

rocky1

yes

Check the CURRENTS  for lacations

Usually 5-6 pm  & 10:30 to 11:30 pm

Most drinks are buy 1 get 1  some exceptions apply

several posts here  on  Happy Hour

I wonder how much business that post-show happy hour gets?  At least on the Oceania Cruises I have taken in the past few years,  there is a rush for the elevators to the cabin floors after the show ends! 😁

Edited by CintiPam

9 minutes ago, cbb said:

That BOGO means YOU get 2 drinks--your companion does NOT get the 2nd one.  In other words, no sharing.

Not having any first hand experience, do they give out both drinks at same time or the second one after you finished the first?

Edited by Paulchili

Just now, Paulchili said:

Not having any first hand experience, do they give out both drinks at same time or the second one after you finished the first?

IME

they bring the 2nd drink when you request it

hence having a drink left to carry to the GDR  😉

Paul-  after Trivia, i go to Horizons and dave has secured a nice table for the 2 of us.  The wait staff already has given him his drink and mine is forthcoming. 

Within a couple of days, the staff recognizes our preferences and on ATW when they saw him, they began preparing drinks for us!!!  (yep, extra tips for them at end of their contract!)

Then  he/she returns with snacks and asks when we would like our 2nd.

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

IME

they bring the 2nd drink when you request it

hence having a drink left to carry to the GDR  😉

If I'm remembering correctly I just ordered a double ...

Mura

That BOGO means YOU get 2 drinks--your companion does NOT get the 2nd one.  In other words, no sharing.

That’s news to me. We just got off Marina, and took advantage of the happy hour twice a day. Every time we each got one drink. No bartender ever said we could not share. They also offered us a double shot if we preferred. The only caveat was they both had to be the same drink. No problem there. [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davela2--either O has changed their BOGO policy since May or you had a great bartender!

I’m going to go with changed their policy. We enjoyed happy hours twice every day at Horizons, Martinis, and Grand Bar. And not one bartender ever said that we that it was not to share. I do know that it did not include martinis, bourbons, or obviously the drink of the day (which we also enjoyed a lot of)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, cbb said:

davela2--either O has changed their BOGO policy since May or you had a great bartender!

we have done  that before  ..it is  not new

we both had the same wine

but DH did not want wine on some nights  so we did not share

Our experience has been that you each get 2 for 1.  The choice of beverage by an individual can be different from their drinking partner, but you each get 2.  Have always been told by server that you couldn't share.  I guess it could depend on the bartender or server.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cbb said:

I've been cruising Oceania for 10 years and we've always shared the HH drinks, not every time but frequently. I've never heard of this policy. 

This is news to me, but we've only "used" the HH once, on our most recent trip.

I arrived first, and ordered my drink.  I didn't even realize it was HH (duh; we usually drink a nice wine at dinner, and not much alcohol otherwise, except when with others, which this was).

I ordered my drink.

DH arrived a short time later, and the was no waitstaff in sight.  So he took some sips of my drink, as he was going to order the same anyway.

A short time later, the waiter came by, saw that DH had arrived (or, more accurately, saw that I was now with some otherwise unknown gentleman, sharing my drink :classic_wink: ), and asked "Would you like the second drink now?"

He brought it by promptly, and handed it to DH.

Perfect timing, very simple.

And... how DO they remember all of these things!?  We were hardly the only people there; we were with several others, plus Horizons was quite crowded.

GC

My guess is that sometime in the past...maybe 2007 when we took our first O cruise, the server told us we each needed to order a 2 for 1 and we've been doing it ever since!  Since we have 2 wines /drinks at that time never questioned it:)

• Like 1