*Live* from the Eurodam - Hawaii/Tahiti/Marquesas

seamist

And I found my black pearls!  Was planning on going to the Tahitian Pearl Market in Papeete, but was concerned about time as we have a tour there, saw them in Bora Bora as well 👍 so all is good.

06C5B9EA-F9E4-44E4-88B6-06080924284F.jpeg

• Like 4

2nd day in Bora Bora activities.  Today we will be doing an all day tour with Maohi Nui (Patrick) https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g311415-d1191067-Reviews-Maohi_Nui-Bora_Bora_Society_Islands.html

https://maohinuiborabora.com/

Cost is $150 per person.  

Since there is a lot of water sport associated with this tour, will be leaving the IPad on the ship, will have to rely on DH’s GoPro for pics so might be a bit behind on pictures, but will give a review of the tour as soon as I can.  In the meantime the above links should give you a good idea.

E76A5572-E220-4403-A82B-6E65CB7CAAFE.jpeg

468E1011-A132-44FE-A369-6004520806CF.jpeg

941738A3-A32A-4B5D-A09C-319DB72002B4.jpeg

On 3/22/2019 at 3:07 PM, seamist said:

Ah okay.  Pic #215 wasn’t a real fish, that was a fake plastic type decorative etc, thought the poster was asking about the menu pic.  Thx!

I asked the F&B Manager  what kind of fish was used for the ceremony and he said it was an opackapacka. After kissing it, I’m pretty sure it was a real fish! After kissing it, I’m pretty sure it was a real fish!

2 hours ago, seamist said:

2nd day in Bora Bora activities.  Today we will be doing an all day tour with Maohi Nui (Patrick) 

Hope you had a fabulous time.

We really enjoyed our day with Patrick.  Hope yours is as memorable as ours was.

5 hours ago, ithaca gal said:

I asked the F&B Manager  what kind of fish was used for the ceremony and he said it was an opackapacka. After kissing it, I’m pretty sure it was a real fish! After kissing it, I’m pretty sure it was a real fish!

Oh my word, was up close, never thought about kissing it ewww😬😂. Looked fake to me!

11 hours ago, seamist said:

And I found my black pearls!  Was planning on going to the Tahitian Pearl Market in Papeete, but was concerned about time as we have a tour there, saw them in Bora Bora as well 👍 so all is good.

06C5B9EA-F9E4-44E4-88B6-06080924284F.jpeg

Beautiful earrings, so nice to treat yourself.  

2 hours ago, seamist said:

Oh my word, was up close, never thought about kissing it ewww😬😂. Looked fake to me!

I just had to kiss it to be a real golden shellbacks. Lol

We are enjoying your posts as we cruise along with you. We stayed in an overwater bungalow and will try to post pictures at some point. It was stunning!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, ithaca gal said:

We are enjoying your posts as we cruise along with you. We stayed in an overwater bungalow and will try to post pictures at some point. It was stunning!

We are on the waitlist for an overwater bungalow on our October cruise.  It is very expensive, so I am torn on what to do IF we clear it.  Looking forward to your thoughts.

54 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

We are on the waitlist for an overwater bungalow on our October cruise.  It is very expensive, so I am torn on what to do IF we clear it.  Looking forward to your thoughts.

Do NOT  book through the ship! You can contact the Conrad on Bora-Bora and get an  overwater bungalow  WITH plunge pool  for half the price that the ship charges!!!   The price difference is amazing and disturbing at the same time   They have a boat shuttle that brings you to the resort  from Bora Bora. Since the ship is here so late the next day, there is no danger of missing of the ship by booking independently.   I cannot stress enough that you should not book through the ship and pay the huge huge price that they charge.   I believe dinner may be included in the ships excursion but you can buy your own dinner for a fraction of what the cost of the excursion is!  As  for whether or not to do the overwater bungalow, the  answer is yes, yes, yes! In all of our travels, this has been one of our most amazing experiences ever! 

Edited by ithaca gal
Error
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ithaca gal said:

Do NOT  book through the ship! You can contact the Conrad on Bora-Bora and get an  overwater bungalow  WITH plunge pool  for half the price that the ship charges!!!   The price difference is amazing and disturbing at the same time   They have a boat shuttle that brings you to the resort  from Bora Bora. Since the ship is here so late the next day, there is no danger of missing of the ship by booking independently.   I cannot stress enough that you should not book through the ship and pay the huge huge price that they charge.   I believe dinner may be included in the ships excursion but you can buy your own dinner for a fraction of what the cost of the excursion is!  As  for whether or not to do the overwater bungalow, the  answer is yes, yes, yes! In all of our travels, this has been one of our most amazing experiences ever! 

The Conrad sounds amazing!!  Unfortunately, we do not overnight in Bora Bora.  Our overnight is in Papeete.  

29 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

The Conrad sounds amazing!!  Unfortunately, we do not overnight in Bora Bora.  Our overnight is in Papeete.  

Ahhh. Differential is close to gouging. Just look into the resources that are there and **** your own. Are usually do ship excursions to make sure I make it back to the ship but this is one instance where it does not matter and the price Differential is close to gouging.

30 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Have you checked the Intercontinental on Tahiti?  It is beautiful and easy to get to/from the port.  

Seamist, I also love those earrings.  Simple and beautiful!!  You are now in one of my favorite regions on earth.  Can't wait to hear about your adventures.  Cherie 

1 minute ago, ithaca gal said:

Ahhh. Differential is close to gouging. Just look into the resources that are there and **** your own. Are usually do ship excursions to make sure I make it back to the ship but this is one instance where it does not matter and the price Differential is close to gouging.

I agree, it really is!  

3 hours ago, ithaca gal said:

Good for you! You only cross the equator for the first time once, so might as well participate fully. (I thought the fish was very salty).

1 hour ago, RuthC said:

Good for you! You only cross the equator for the first time once, so might as well participate fully. (I thought the fish was very salty).

Right, Ruth?   We were told the next day that because we crossed the equator on the vernal equinox, we are to be known as Purple Porpoises!

Just back from Patrick’s tour, but no pictures as of yet, the DH has to download and what not.

Oh MY is all I can say.  I would give this tour 5 +++++ stars it is that good.  First I would like to say that the water in Bora Bora is amazing.  It is like jumping into a swimming pool, crystal clear, and blue, and neither cold nor hot, just perfect.  I had long told people that my #1 pic for snorkeling is Bonaire.  I can’t say that anymore.  Bonaire just dropped to #2 and Bora Bora is now #1.

We left the dock right on time to the strumming of the Ukelele and arrived at the area for snorkeling with the Black Tipped sharks.  I was a bit nervous as just prior, after arriving on the dock from the tender the Security Ship’s Officer Doug (Sorry have no idea what his last name is) told everyone to be careful with the sharks.  One of the Eurodam’s passengers was bitten by one on a private tour yesterday (Yikes) required 25 stitches and lucky to still have his foot (double yikes).  So I was a bit nervous for sure!  But I had no issues just kept my hands and feet close to me (lol) and sent mind telepathy out (I don’t taste good, too salty!).  😬🙈🙀

Turns out they didn’t bother me and I didn’t bother them and it was a good day.  On the way to our encounter with the sting rays we had a bit of trouble with the outrigger canoe’s engine - Patrick’s crew are top notch - another boat arrived and stayed with us until they got it running again all the while entertaining us with the Ukelele.  Then off we went to our encounter with the sting rays and yep - more sharks!  The only downside was the number of boats around there - I think I counted 15 including a couple of big ones from HAL’s excursions.

Next off we went to the coral garden and did some routine snorkeling in pristine water with gorgeous fish.  Then off to the private motu for an authentic Tahitian lunch.  WOW.  We had striped fish (similar to sailfish) and Wahoo barbecued on the grill, the suckling pig, pineapple, grapefruit, bananas, breadfruit, taro, pumpkin poi, plantains, a raw Tahitian fish salad, a spinach/coconut/chicken dish and I’m sure I’ve forgotten something.  To wash it all down was water, Tahitian beer, red or white wine available.

Following the lunch Patrick performed for us his flame performance or dance which no way would you catch me doing that I can tell you!  Throwing a flaming baton into the air and even using his feet.  After this the 3/4 day crew left to head back to the Eurodam but the whole day crew then took a hike to see the reef on the other end of the motu and then we spent a thoroughly enjoyable time swimming out in the middle of this beautiful ocean in the shallow water.

I can’t recommend this tour enough if you ever visit Bora Bora.  Please check out Maohi Nui!

Edited by seamist
  • Like 5