Live blog: Nieuw Statendam: March 10

8373seth

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

"Hotel Director Mailbox" on the first page of When & Where is new since my NS cruises.  Dinner menu looks the same.  "Press for Beverage Service" button:  I pressed and pressed on more than one occasion when I was in the NY Deli & Pizza area.  No response; maybe your experience will be different.  Be sure to try the NY Deli & Pizza venue:  sandwiches, pizza, and the Panna Cotta:  delicious!

Enjoy your cruise!

I pushed the button in the buffet and they came within a minute or so. Haven’t tried it anywhere else. 

Our first day is almost complete.  Well technically it is complete. Dinner was excellent as usual.  I had the turkey and Todd had the shrimp. Below are a few pictures from dinner and around the ship.  Also, I have the When and Where for tomorrow. 

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

IMG_0288.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

IMG_0314.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

What I want to know is why @8373seth isn't up all hours of the night answering our questions. How dare he enjoy his vacation? 😀

Seriously, I hope the vacation is good and relaxing!

A question for when you are relaxing at the pool (or whatever you do to relax and enjoy your cruise) and are interested in communicating with the outside world... the "easy button" or whatever you call the drink button... where did you get it and do they charge the drink to your room automatically or do you still have to give them your card?

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Thank you for the pictures.

Dessert looks good.

Wonder how that Lobster Roll is like on HMC?  If it is full of "fillers" -- not worth the price.

It's not worth the price.  We tried it when we were there a few weeks ago.  I'm from the prairies and don't really know Atlantic lobster from Florida/Caribbean lobster but I suspect it was the latter.  It was not great.

5 minutes ago, Alberta Quilter said:

It's not worth the price.  We tried it when we were there a few weeks ago.  I'm from the prairies and don't really know Atlantic lobster from Florida/Caribbean lobster but I suspect it was the latter.  It was not great.

IMHO Florida or Caribbean warm water lobsters are not worth the effort or price to eat. I would prefer a good shrimp dinner. On a sailing charter to Anegada Island in the BVI in 2017 we had at a local beach restaurant local fresh caught Caribbean lobster and it was just plain tough and tasteless for $50pp. Do not waste your money at HMC, unless it is cold water lobster from New England,

2 hours ago, killsport said:

What I want to know is why @8373seth isn't up all hours of the night answering our questions. How dare he enjoy his vacation? 😀

Seriously, I hope the vacation is good and relaxing!

A question for when you are relaxing at the pool (or whatever you do to relax and enjoy your cruise) and are interested in communicating with the outside world... the "easy button" or whatever you call the drink button... where did you get it and do they charge the drink to your room automatically or do you still have to give them your card?

Thanks in advance!

They came within minutes in the buffet at lunch. They do ask for your card. I’ll try it elsewhere and see how fast they are. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much for taking the time to share all of this! We will be on NS 4/7/19 so this is getting me even more excited than I already was. BTW that chocolate dessert looked amazing.

Have you tried the buffet yet? We were on our first HAL cruise (Nieuw Amsterdam) right after Thanksgiving last year and I loved that wonderful dishes of cut fresh fruit were available anytime the buffet was open and seemed fresh all 7 days of the cruise.

Have you had a chance to check out the extra cost gelato place yet? I love gelato and hope it isn't too good or I may end up in a diabetic coma. 

2 hours ago, 8373seth said:

Getting ready to watch the first show in the World Stage. Great day. Will post review and pictures later. In the meantime enjoy Lincoln Center Stage. (Our favorite thing on HAL) 

825A3AF7-D425-48F9-867E-EDA48A925B01.MOV

Thanks Seth for your live! Enjoy every minute and only post YOUR experience when you can. I always feel lousy when someone is generous enough to post an actual live on their own internet dime about a personal trip and then are sent on daily re-con tasks.