Fixed Dining Time?

kaiiak

When we booked our April cruise we were put on a waitlist for the fixed Early Dining time. We just received our docs from our travel agent and were given Anytime Dining.  Is there any way to request a fixed time once we board, or is that impossible? Thanks.

When we booked our April cruise we were put on a waitlist for the fixed Early Dining time. We just received our docs from our travel agent and were given Anytime Dining.  Is there any way to request a fixed time once we board, or is that impossible? Thanks.

Try calling ship services at 1-800-541-1576. They may be able to help. Ship services was able to confirm me on one cruise for fixed when my TA couldn’t.

Otherwise do as Mary suggested.

www.theinsidecabin.com

The maître d' will be set up the first day in one of the lounges to deal with passengers who prefer a different table/time etc.  See him.  Perhaps he can change you to early fixed.  If he can't accommodate your request, I suggest you scout the dining room for a table you think you'd like and make reservations for your preferred dining time.  You can make reservations by phone or in person for up to three days at a time.  If you don't get early fixed, this is the best alternative.

We alternate between fixed and anytime, depending on the cruise.  Both work well, we've found, providing we make the reservations when we have anytime.  We don't even notice a difference and have always been able to snag a particular table for the entire cruise.  Gook luck, and have a wonderful cruise.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mary229 said:

When you embark go straight to the main dining room and make a reservation for your preferred time and arrangement 

OK will try that if I can not get through to the Ship Services beforehand.

19 hours ago, sevenseasnomad said:

The maître d' will be set up the first day in one of the lounges to deal with passengers who prefer a different table/time etc.  See him.  Perhaps he can change you to early fixed.  If he can't accommodate your request, I suggest you scout the dining room for a table you think you'd like and make reservations for your preferred dining time.  You can make reservations by phone or in person for up to three days at a time.  If you don't get early fixed, this is the best alternative.

We alternate between fixed and anytime, depending on the cruise.  Both work well, we've found, providing we make the reservations when we have anytime.  We don't even notice a difference and have always been able to snag a particular table for the entire cruise.  Gook luck, and have a wonderful cruise.

thank you. We always use to be anytime diners when we cruised.  My son has a disability (autism) so I now like the idea of routine and the same waiter each night that can get to know us and our preferences, as well as cater to his diet restrictions etc.  

21 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

Try calling ship services at 1-800-541-1576. They may be able to help. Ship services was able to confirm me on one cruise for fixed when my TA couldn’t.

Otherwise do as Mary suggested.

www.theinsidecabin.com

Thanks. I am planning on getting a call into them soon because my TA also had some questions regarding my son who is autistic, but he said he was on hold for 45 minutes.  If we can't get through then we will try the maitre d after we board. 

3 minutes ago, kaiiak said:

thank you. We always use to be anytime diners when we cruised.  My son has a disability (autism) so I now like the idea of routine and the same waiter each night that can get to know us and our preferences, as well as cater to his diet restrictions etc.  

OMG, my son is autistic too.  Call HA immediately, well, 1st thing Monday when they open.  Ask for ship services.  Let them know the score.  My son can't stand a lot of traffic, so we always ask to be away from a wait station.  We also back up our request with a doctor's letter, which helps immensely.  They should be able to accommodate your request, since it involves a recognized disability.  Let us know how this turns out, please.

Edited by sevenseasnomad

Just now, sevenseasnomad said:

OMG, my son is autistic too.  Call HA immediately, well, 1st thing Monday when they open.  Ask for ship services.  Let them know the score.  My son can't stand a lot of traffic, so we always ask to be away from a wait station.  We also back up our request with a doctor's letter, which helps immensely.  They should be able to accommodate your request, since it involves a recognized disability.

Small world this little autism world of ours. Actually my son is pretty good in restaurants because he is a foodie and loves to eat! But he is on a GF diet right now. I did fill out some online forms to Ships Services, but have not heard anything from them and am trying to see if there is any sort of priority boarding or area with smaller lines etc.  He tends to get very rigid when anxious and anxiety is at a high in a new situation, so I can foresee our initial boarding he may be a bit difficult.  He saw a picture of a HAL ship today and said he hopes its not like the Titanic and we don't sink! So yes, I plan on calling Ship Services soon. Thx.

2 hours ago, kaiiak said:

Small world this little autism world of ours. Actually my son is pretty good in restaurants because he is a foodie and loves to eat! But he is on a GF diet right now. I did fill out some online forms to Ships Services, but have not heard anything from them and am trying to see if there is any sort of priority boarding or area with smaller lines etc.  He tends to get very rigid when anxious and anxiety is at a high in a new situation, so I can foresee our initial boarding he may be a bit difficult.  He saw a picture of a HAL ship today and said he hopes its not like the Titanic and we don't sink! So yes, I plan on calling Ship Services soon. Thx.

I don't know where you're sailing from, but most terminals don't offer any quiet/private waiting areas. Consider arriving toward the end of the boarding period when it's quiet and there won't be lines or lots of people waiting around. Priority boarding would get you on the ship earlier, but you'd be going at a time when the terminal is bustling, which could be very stressful.