MINI FRIDGE

Hi all I was wondering I heard that my stateroom attendants can empty out the mini fridge but can I get drinks from the bar e.g cans of soda and bottles of water and also food e.g cookies can I put these in my fridge and make my own mini bar is this allowed 

32 minutes ago, Rabbitoh10 said:

Hi all I was wondering I heard that my stateroom attendants can empty out the mini fridge but can I get drinks from the bar e.g cans of soda and bottles of water and also food e.g cookies can I put these in my fridge and make my own mini bar is this allowed 

Mini coolers haven't had pops/chips in them in while. So no need to have emptied

They´ve been empty anyway lately, but before that it was kinda hit or miss, as the cabin attendant was not the one responsible for the Minibar. But you could Always take the stuff out and place it onthe counter to make room for your own stuff.

BTW at the time they were filled a can of Soda from the Minibar was the same Price as from any bar, so really no Need to get them at a bar and put in your fridge unless you got them on your drink package from the bar.

Oh those fridges more often than not just Keep thinks on a slightly cool side, but not really Cold. Though I have had luck with them and actually freezing my water bottles into blocks of ice.

29 minutes ago, Paulxyz2004 said:

Oh those fridges more often than not just Keep thinks on a slightly cool side, but not really Cold. Though I have had luck with them and actually freezing my water bottles into blocks of ice.

I've read that the performance  can be improved by leaving the cabinet door cracked open a bit.  That allows the inside of the cabinet to cool a little and the inside temp of the fridge is controlled  by the temp of the air surrounding it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bee Guy said:

I've read that the performance  can be improved by leaving the cabinet door cracked open a bit.  That allows the inside of the cabinet to cool a little and the inside temp of the fridge is controlled  by the temp of the air surrounding it.

On my Symphony Feb. 2 sail, we asked the cabin attendant if the fridge could be made cooler as we need to store insulin.  He called maintenance, and in front of us the crew pulled the fridge out the compartment and worked on it and lo and behold it was much colder than prior.  We also stored some of the water & soda that we received as perks.

1 minute ago, nelblu said:

On my Symphony Feb. 2 sail, we asked the cabin attendant if the fridge could be made cooler as we need to store insulin.  

The better thing to do is to ask for a real fridge - even when working at best performance, the coolers in the cabin may not get cool enough for some functions.

7 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The better thing to do is to ask for a real fridge - even when working at best performance, the coolers in the cabin may not get cool enough for some functions.

On our August Anthem sail, Special Services provided us with a contraption to keep the insulin cool.  However, the contraption was a dud and had it removed.  Not sure if they would provide a real fridge and where to store it.  The Cabin Attendant helped us out by keeping some of the insulin in RCL fridges.

I second biker19 recommendation.  Contact special needs before the cruise and they will make sure you have a real refridgerator.  I guess we have been lucky the "refridgerators" we have had, were sufficient to get  our bottles of wine cold.

4 hours ago, Rabbitoh10 said:

they are already empty when you board now.  

you can REQUEST an unopened can of soda at any Bar/Lounge but there's no guarantee you will get it.   soda is typically only fountain drinks especially if you have a package .    Bottled water with a package is easy peasy.  feel free to raid the Windjammer dessert station for anything you like.  the ranger cookies are very popular( I personally hate them)  

4 hours ago, Rabbitoh10 said:

We always ask and they do- typically leave under the bed.  Remember not a real fridge, more like a cooler.  But fine for non-perishable items.  

20 minutes ago, spookwife said:

they are already empty when you board now.  

you can REQUEST an unopened can of soda at any Bar/Lounge but there's no guarantee you will get it.   soda is typically only fountain drinks especially if you have a package .    Bottled water with a package is easy peasy.  feel free to raid the Windjammer dessert station for anything you like.  the ranger cookies are very popular( I personally hate them)  

99%  of the times they will give you an unopened can.  We usually get  couple of cans during the 3.5 hours of the 3 drinks coupon and take them to our cabin and store in the fridge.  We consume the drinks either at lunch with our meal either in the WJ or MDR or at dinner in the MDR.  On our Symphony cruise, many bartenders did not even scan our sea pass.  Also, after the 2nd night the assistant waiter had diet cokes and plenty of ice waiting for us at dinner.

48 minutes ago, gatour said:

I second biker19 recommendation.  Contact special needs before the cruise and they will make sure you have a real refridgerator.  I guess we have been lucky the "refridgerators" we have had, were sufficient to get  our bottles of wine cold.

We did and were provide with a so called cooling contraption that was a total dud. 

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

On our August Anthem sail, Special Services provided us with a contraption to keep the insulin cool.  However, the contraption was a dud and had it removed.  Not sure if they would provide a real fridge and where to store it.  The Cabin Attendant helped us out by keeping some of the insulin in RCL fridges.

I'm not sure if what happened to us was a fluke, or possible again.  We turned over my husband's insulin to housekeeping on the Rhapsody last year to put in their fridge, and they FROZE it.  What a nightmare replacing it, too.  The doctor on board the ship pitched a huge fit over it, and had 4 bottles delivered to our cabin about 30 seconds after we docked in Cozumel the next morning.  I guess he called ahead to a pharmacy and told them to be on the ship right away!

The doctor said they needed to provide some additional training to the housekeeping staff, obviously.

Edited by pcur