Ocean Medallion Included Accessories

fdpevey

Does it still come with a wristband in the box?

I’ve watched one “unboxing” video that shows included wristbands, but then I also have read folks talking about ordering bands from Amazon. Or does it have a sleeve you can use to put it in your wallet or hang from a lanyard like many did with the card?

And, speaking of card, do we still need to carry a cruise card?

Any recent cruisers on a Medallion ship?

Our Medallions for our Regal cruise next week came with lanyards. I think they were only offering wrist bands way back in the beginning. Very recently, the Regal no longer gives you a cruise card. Everything is done through the Medallions, so keep that in mind if you are sailing on Regal.

As for your question about placing it in your wallet, it does come with a hard plastic holder but I think it may be too thick for a wallet. It works great with a lanyard though. I actually use a lanyard that is a little more fashionable than what they give you, but my son loves the Princess one. 

• Like 1

My ocean medallion for Caribbean Princess came with lanyards and the medallion.  Once on board the ship there was a medallion desk outside club fusion on deck 7;  they were selling a bunch of accessories; like wristbands, necklace, stickpin, etc

2 minutes ago, voljeep said:

do you get a new medallion for each cruise or different ship?

I'm sure my wife will want to glue a magnet to the medallion after the cruise and stick it on the fridge :classic_laugh:

On the Caribbean Princess presently, your full name, ship and cruise date are engraved on the Medallion.

On front on Deck 7 after photo area, there is a desk where you can purchase accessories.  It shows the plastic wristbands are coming soon.

Hi-

We have been on the CB twice and received new medallions each time. We have ordered our new medallions for our cruise on the Regal. We never used our cruise card on the CB. The medallion worked everywhere for us.

I went to Office Depot and purchased badge clips that work great for $2.99. See photo.

20190126_160645.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, 63 Super Sport said:

Hi-

We have been on the CB twice and received new medallions each time. We have ordered our new medallions for our cruise on the Regal. We never used our cruise card on the CB. The medallion worked everywhere for us.

I went to Office Depot and purchased badge clips that work great for $2.99. See photo.

20190126_160645.jpg

Is the blue background part blue for everyone? I saw someone post an elite black background and was curious...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cruisecrazy25 said:

Is the blue background part blue for everyone? I saw someone post an elite black background and was curious...

The blue background may be changed. You may purchase different backgrounds on board. You may also DIY. Simply, snap open. Use the border as a pattern on your favorite paper.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, 63 Super Sport said:

The blue background may be changed. You may purchase different backgrounds on board. You may also DIY. Simply, snap open. Use the border as a pattern on your favorite paper.

On our recent cruise, everyone received the blue background.  You can purchase Gold, Platinum and Elite inserts, one for $3 or two for $5, at the Ocean Front store.  There were problems with the rubber wristbands so they won't have those again until April, at least on the Regal.   NB, you could also buy national flag inserts, happy birthday, Caribbean, etc.  They did have the silver and gold wristbands and necklaces available.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2019 at 6:14 PM, 63 Super Sport said:

Hi-

20190126_160645.jpg

I like this - especially with the pull-out string. Will have to see if there is an option that doesn't need a beltloop - since many women's pants don't have them .

• 1 month later...

Is there somewhere online that you can purchase accessories before boarding?  I did see a couple of bracelet options when ordering my medallions, but they were on a small screen so I couldn't see them well.  Even if not thru Princess, maybe Amazon?  Does anyone else have the rubber type bracelets that will fit the medallion?

1 hour ago, KG2019 said:

Is there somewhere online that you can purchase accessories before boarding?  I did see a couple of bracelet options when ordering my medallions, but they were on a small screen so I couldn't see them well.  Even if not thru Princess, maybe Amazon?  Does anyone else have the rubber type bracelets that will fit the medallion?

thru amazon - we ordered the 'fitbit' knockoff 'clips' ... they also had the wristbands ... maybe you can search the threads for pics ... EDIT ... EverAct Compatible Clip Holder Replacement for Fitbit Zip (Set of 2/3/4)

Edited by voljeep
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, EightFurryPaws said:

From anyone's experience, when tendering to shore, how does the crew distinguish 

if you are elite since all OM are blue?  

Your OM won't be blue...it'll be black if you're elite.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KG2019 said:

you can order accessories in advance when you register for the medallion at ocean.com. I was going to order the sports band in advance, until I found out they charge $6 for shipping. I'll buy it on the ship.

Nice pics of the accessories are on the pinned Ocean Medallion thread:

• 3 months later...
On 4/29/2019 at 12:59 PM, PoohUnderstands said:

$12! $65! $3 for a piece of small paper?!  I have developed a wardrobe that has good sized pockets in all pieces.  I am just going to take the medallion out of that plastic thingy and put it in my pocket!

Pooh

Yep.  Just another way for Princess to separate you from your money. 

• Like 1

On 3/15/2019 at 4:17 PM, fdpevey said:

I like this - especially with the pull-out string. Will have to see if there is an option that doesn't need a beltloop - since many women's pants don't have them .

I've bought the pull out attachment that have a clip on the back that can slide over belts, pocket seams or even pants tops. Try eBay, Office Depot, Staples, Wal-Mart, etc..

Edited by drowelf

On 4/29/2019 at 12:59 PM, PoohUnderstands said:

$12! $65! $3 for a piece of small paper?!  I have developed a wardrobe that has good sized pockets in all pieces.  I am just going to take the medallion out of that plastic thingy and put it in my pocket!

Pooh

Going on our first Medallion cruise next summer. I think I may leave it in the plastic thingy, just so its a bit bigger and easier to keep track of in my pocket. That way its about the size of the old cruise card. Being hard too makes it easier to fish our when I have a few other things in the pockets. Not a fan of lanyards or wristbands so the cruise card always ended up in a pants pocket. 

• Like 1