Ushuaia Disembarking

kinipela35

For those who have sailed to Antarctica recently, what time has your ship returned and docked in Ushuaia? Early morning or mid morning? What is the earliest you've gotten off the ship and to the airport?

Based on the flight times I'm seeing, getting back to Buenos Aires, AEP-EZE transfer, and making an international connection that night seems to be a long shot unless the ~10am nonstop flight out of Ushuaia is feasible. Anyone done this?

I would not attempt to plan a return home with a connection in BA on the same day your ship arrives in Ushuaia. Most companies try to dock at the time they told you (which is very often during the night or early morning) but stuff can happen on the way and they can be late. Also, flights from Ushuaia (either companies) are notoriously unreliable, and changing airports in BA can be hectic. I have done Ushuaia-BA on two different instances and had delay both times (2 and 8 hours!). Plan to spend that night in BA, it's much safer, and leave for home the next day.

On my trips, we’ve been off the ship by around 9am. The ships typically arrive in the early morning hours, but you usually need to be bused out of the port area due to port security rules.

You may be able to make a 10am flight, but I wouldn’t want to risk it if there was another option. I agree with the above advice to just spend a night in Buenos Aires. Much less stressful, especially given the frequency of delays (especially luggage delays) on the USH route.

Generally most lines prefer you try for the lunch time flights. 

It can depend on how many vessels are docking at the same time as to how speedy the customs/immigration clearances happen. 

All of my trips the staff have asked for passengers details regarding flights and then if there are people on the early flights they do their best to get those passengers disembarked first. 

We have usually docked at sunrise then had breakfast and collected our passports from reception and disembarked by 9am.