Venice in one day

charity709

34 minutes ago, Mc2nicho said:

LisaSP do you mind sharing where you are staying in Florence?  We are doing a similar trip and trying to find somewhere with good location in Florence to see/do the most.

We are staying at Grand Hotel Cavour. My parents stayed there this past fall and loved it. We had originally booked Hotel La Scaletta (based on me doing a ton of research) but my parents’  choice was comparable in price and they raved about the service and location, so we changed our minds. 

We have done a Med Cruise in the past that went to Rome and Barcelona.  We are now taking a Greek cruise that goes in and out of Venice.  since I have not been (only read threads), I can only speak to the other two ports.  As someone mentioned on here, Barcelona is one of their favs.  I would 100% agree.  We absolutely loved the people, culture, views..... We did two on front end and 2 on back end in Barcelona and I would do it all over again.   I would look at this as a can't lose.  You are on vacation and will be spending time in exotic ports you have never been too.  Enjoy and don't stress.  

On 3/11/2019 at 9:32 PM, charity709 said:

. . . I'm kind of intimidated at the thought of rushing 1 day in Venice after a tiring and long flight and then lugging our luggage to a train station and finding our way around.  

. . .

That would be rushed.  We spent several nites pre-cruise in Venice.  We slept/napped quite a bit of the first day 😉  Good to go the next two.