Boston Hotel Suggestions - Pre Cruise

Ramjet1997

Hi!  Looking for suggestions for a pre cruise hotel close to Boston Downtown for some sightseeing prior to boarding the ship   Prefer a Hilton property so that we can use some Hilton points.  We will be flying into Logan probably the day before our cruise.  Any suggestions would be appreciated - our Boston port stop on a New England cruise last year was cancelled due to the hurricane.  Also, any suggestions for transportation to the hotel and to the Boston cruise port would be greatly appreciated!  Uber is possible - how does this compare to taxis, shuttles, etc?  Thank you in advance for your comments and suggestion!  

• 2 weeks later...

boston is almost always expensive.  I stayed last night at the aloft (Marriott brand) in the Seaport.  rate was $132 but that will vary with time of year.

hotel has a somewhat hip, industrial vibe.  Bar was good with an excellent tapas menu.  Subway was nearby.  Not walkable to the "sights" in Boston, but the rate was low enough to offset that 

2 minutes ago, tfred said:

boston is almost always expensive.  I stayed last night at the aloft (Marriott brand) in the Seaport.  rate was $132 but that will vary with time of year.

hotel has a somewhat hip, industrial vibe.  Bar was good with an excellent tapas menu.  Subway was nearby.  Not walkable to the "sights" in Boston, but the rate was low enough to offset that 

The rate will vary tremendously.  You got a great deal, but it’s winter.  Boston is popular during the cruising season and the rates reflect that - typically $300 and up!

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to get the Ames Hotel (Hilton Curio Collection hotel) on Court Street.  I used my points and got the stay for free.  WOOHOO otherwise it was like $300/night.  I booked in Sept. 2018 for my Sept. 2019 stay.  Can never book early enough for freebie stays. 😁

I picked up a Hotwire deal for the Seaport area again this year similar to last year (Thanks 138East!) for the nights before our Labor Day cruise.   Our NCL cruises leave on Friday for Bermuda. 

Last year Hotwire had 3.5 Star Seaport area hotel for  $87 per night two nights pre-cruise.  I booked and it was Aloft.  Very walk-able area and got to wander around and enjoy our first visit to Boston.

This year they are offering a 4 Star Seaport for $106 for one night pre-cruise.  Just booked it and it is the Westin.   Nice that the conventions clear out before that Labor Day week-end😊

1 hour ago, Sand and Seas said:

I picked up a Hotwire deal for the Seaport area again this year similar to last year (Thanks 138East!) for the nights before our Labor Day cruise.   Our NCL cruises leave on Friday for Bermuda. 

Last year Hotwire had 3.5 Star Seaport area hotel for  $87 per night two nights pre-cruise.  I booked and it was Aloft.  Very walk-able area and got to wander around and enjoy our first visit to Boston.

This year they are offering a 4 Star Seaport for $106 for one night pre-cruise.  Just booked it and it is the Westin.   Nice that the conventions clear out before that Labor Day week-end😊

Great deal!  Congratulations.  Hotwire for a hotel in the Seaport District can offer some great prices. All the hotels are 3* and up and they are all relatively new.  Buying a blind hotel in this area is not a big risk - there are no dumps.  I did it myself for July 4th one year and got the Westin.  Grandkids were impressed.