Suite Lounge vs. Concierge Lounge?

28 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Were those PC sailings?

As in Port Canaveral? No. They left out of New Orleans. 

EDIT: Or I guess you probably meant Pinnacle Cruisers. I guess. It was a few weeks after the Transatlantic, but I guess there were quite a few. I would still be curious to see what happens in Galveston. 

Edited by Coralc

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

As in Port Canaveral? No. They left out of New Orleans. 

EDIT: Or I guess you probably meant Pinnacle Cruisers. I guess. It was a few weeks after the Transatlantic, but I guess there were quite a few. I would still be curious to see what happens in Galveston. 

Panama Canal

19 hours ago, 39august said:

Whoops. I was thinking it was Mariner where they put Izumi on deck 14. But it was Navigator. Boy, the diamond club looks dismal on NV. Glad Mariner got the usual suite lounge  spot on 14. Would love to go back to Mariner some day. I think she is the most beautiful of the Voyager class. That metal sculpture on decks 3 and up is spectacular.

Mariner was our very first RCI ship, when she was shiny new and the only RCI brand new ship to be first home ported at PC.  Have not been on her since she left, but have two booked with her now.  

18 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Not officially,  doesn't it come and go?

I would perhaps doubt it will be just Pinnies and full suites once Vision does her winter runs out of PR.  Not that many upper tier fly to PR as we noticed on sailings from there.  IMHO Not really enough full suites on the little Vision class ship to fill the CL.   

13 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Panama Canal

Vision is still doing Galveston, then heads to Barcelona, then does the handful of Panama Canal cruises before she spends the winter in PR.  We are on a B2B out of PR in January 2020.    

36 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Not really. Some still have those looks when kids are in the SL/CK, no matter their numbers. 

I really dont think a little side eye is a big deal. 🤔

Hence the overblown comment. 🤔

Some people are thin skinned, I can't help that.

Plus who's to say some suite passengers would not find children out of place there.  

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I really dont think a little side eye is a big deal. 🤔

Hence the overblown comment. 🤔

Some people are thin skinned, I can't help that.

Plus who's to say some suite passengers would not find children out of place there.  

That look of disgust is very easy to see and not necessary. True it could come from both Suite Guests and P’s, but in my Opinion, is more prominent from P’s. I didn’t say all P’s. 

14 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I was just thinking the same thing.  Don't have to be only an upper tier to find wild, uncontrolled, noisy children an annoyance.  There were plenty of them in CK and the SL on Oasis this month.  :classic_blink:

Edited by island lady
  • Haha 1

Quick update from Symphony. 13 pinnacles on board ( 12 boarded and one person was designated pinnacle at the high tier party.    No problem getting CK dinner reservations. CK was crowded  the first evening, but has settled down. We’ve only used the suite lounge one evening prior to dinner, and it was wide for seating. 

Breakfast (been there 3 times) has maybe a half a dozen tables filled. 

This is apparently spring break for Canadians, and there are many families on board and in the coastal kitchen. 

Magnificent ship, great staff and unbelievable entertainment. 

By the way. The diamond lounge on deck four  (where the comedy club is on Oasis)  is very lovely with plentiful seating. This trip, they have about 600 diamond and diamond plus (450 D and 150 D+ or so) and have opened Jazz on Four ( A beautiful venue ) next-door as an overflow.   Only walked in one night to see the concierge as someone had left something for me.   It was about 5:15 and fairly crowded but the overflow next door was almost empty. 

Love everything about the ship and hope to sail it  again soon 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Thanks 1

As John says, suite lounge access is all day, not just the "cocktail" time. There is a coffee machine available there. You can also get wine and beer from 11 AM to 11 PM(unless that has changed recently).

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Quick update from Symphony. 13 pinnacles on board ( 12 boarded and one person was designated pinnacle at the high tier party.    No problem getting CK dinner reservations. CK was crowded  the first evening, but has settled down. We’ve only used the suite lounge one evening prior to dinner, and it was wide for seating. 

Breakfast (been there 3 times) has maybe a half a dozen tables filled. 

This is apparently spring break for Canadians, and there are many families on board and in the coastal kitchen. 

Magnificent ship, great staff and unbelievable entertainment. 

By the way. The diamond lounge on deck four  (where the comedy club is on Oasis)  is very lovely with plentiful seating. This trip, they have about 600 diamond and diamond plus (450 D and 150 D+ or so) and have opened Jazz on Four ( A beautiful venue ) next-door as an overflow.   Only walked in one night to see the concierge as someone had left something for me.   It was about 5:15 and fairly crowded but the overflow next door was almost empty. 

Love everything about the ship and hope to sail it  again soon 

M

Good information Marci.

I still contend that with 350+ potential Sky passengers, CK can get crowded without Pins in the mix. 

OTOH, I'm not that big a fan of CK dinners anymore

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Good information Marci.

I still contend that with 350+ potential Sky passengers, CK can get crowded without Pins in the mix. 

I have only visited CK on one cruise and I enjoyed it so much we visited it a few extra times on the cruise.  What has been going wrong with CK?

jc

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

I have only visited CK on one cruise and I enjoyed it so much we visited it a few extra times on the cruise.  What has been going wrong with CK?

jc

Original 2 menu setup was awesomeness.  It went away in favor of mediocrity 😥

Lunch and breakfast are good

Edited by John&LaLa

5 hours ago, island lady said:
19 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

You will access all day. I would not worry to much about the Pins. It's really overblown.

Totally agree....overblown for sure.  

No offense intended but as the both of you are frequent cruising Pinnacles,  isn't the above akin to the Fox telling the Farmer's it's okay for him to be in the Hen House ?

😀😎😜

*** I'm representing Andy on this thread.   j/k

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

No offense intended but as the both of you are frequent cruising Pinnacles,  isn't the above akin to the Fox telling the Farmer's it's okay for him to be in the Hen House ?

😀😎😜

*** I'm representing Andy on this thread.   j/k

I honestly feel I can tell when there is an issue.

As mentioned  earlier,  I'm over most of the dinner menus, so my seat is open.

BTW, Pat is not a Pin, shes a suite passenger for now

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

BTW, Pat is not a Pin, shes a suite passenger for now

Ah, okay. Duly noted. I guess I just assumed. ....and you know what happens when you assume.

Thank you for the correction. 👍

• Thanks 1

I was just thinking the same thing.  Don't have to be only an upper tier to find wild, uncontrolled, noisy children an annoyance.  There were plenty of them in CK and the SL on Oasis this month.  :classic_blink:

I have to admit this worries me as a parent that just booked a 2 bedroom grand suite.  Is this going to be a 'thing' where we'll feel judged for being in the lounge with our kid?  I'm not saying she'll run around and being wild.  She's quite well behaved (and yes yes, all parents say that about their special little snowflakes).

It’s Spring Break it many areas. Just the answer I was expecting. An Annoyance. Royal caters to families. 

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Good information Marci.

So if the Suite Lounge is crowded with Suite Guests, doesn’t adding P’s into the equation make it more difficult for the Suite Guests to have a normal experience as expected?

@Andy C needs to hear this.