Why can't I respond to $10 surcharge thread?

mafig

I'm trying to voice my opinion on the thread about HAL starting the $10 fee for a second entrée.  

I can't do it.

Does Cruise Critic just want the thread to disappear?

Anyway, I haven't cruised on HAL for some time but I did enjoy my two cruises on them.

I was going to look for a New Year's Eve cruise on HAL for my husband's birthday.  I won't now.  He always enjoys a second lobster tail as do I.  On our recent Celebrity cruise he also ordered an additional prime rib because it was very good, but the serving size was quite thin.  I can assure you there was no waste!

Wasn't Holland America supposed to be about "tradition?"

Edited by mafig

I tried again.  When I click on reply my post is there, but when I hit submit reply  it says post is being saved.  

Weird.

Anyway, it's just a little longer version of what I just posted here.

38 minutes ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

I have had this happen to me when I have tried to reply to some posts (not the $10.00 thread). I think it must be some kind of glitch in the software that happens on occasion.

I have, too.  Very random.  I always get kind of paranoid and think, "Is it something I said?"  LOL

1 hour ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

I have had this happen to me when I have tried to reply to some posts (not the $10.00 thread). I think it must be some kind of glitch in the software that happens on occasion.

Agreed. It's happened to me several times, including threads where I have previously posted. If I leave the thread and return later, especially after I have signed out then back in again, sometimes I can reply then.
Other times the reply shows up anyway, even though I get the notice that it won't 'take'.

Oftentimes, too, I can't react to a post, including in threads where I have previously done a reaction.

Gotta love the 'new & improved' Cruise Critic site.

On 3/12/2019 at 5:57 PM, Perkins52 said:

Read that this surcharge is being tested by HAL and hope everyone complains about it during their survey. Not cruising with HAL until October so will be interested to see if policy has changed.

The only "test" that I can recall not spreading to all ships was when they partially backed off on the unlimited corkage-free wine ban.