Cirque Show on Merviglia

booklady26

the shows are good too. IMHO Viaggio is better than Sonor. Viaggio has a more tangiblestory line (if you are into theater). It is of an artist that falls in love with his muse. Sonor (to me) has more to do with showing the technology off in the theater (lighting and sound)

13 hours ago, UPNYGuy said:

the shows are good too. IMHO Viaggio is better than Sonor. Viaggio has a more tangible story line (if you are into theater). It is of an artist that falls in love with his muse. Sonor (to me) has more to do with showing the technology off in the theater (lighting and sound)

We've only seen the Sonor show (we have Viaggio booked for later this year).  I had a very strange emotional reaction to some of the music being played towards the end, so, in my experience, it certainly played on the senses.

21 minutes ago, foodsvcmgr said:

What is the food menu and how is service handled?

Thanks for any info.

The menu may change, but DW and I just did the cocktail and show. The cocktail is given to you as you enter, and you are given a choice. 

And if if you do the dinner, you eat before the show. 

5 minutes ago, BadSanta said:

Ok, do you remeber the price? Is it also other free show every night? OR is it just the cirque shows some/every night?

The Cirque shows are the ones you have to pay for. If you don’t care about dinner, the cocktail is a good value. IIRC it was $16 USD per person for the cocktail and show. There were alcoholic and non alcoholic options. I think the dinner and show was around $40 USD per person. 

And yes, there are  shows that are no charge in the main theater. 

16 hours ago, UPNYGuy said:

The Cirque shows are the ones you have to pay for. If you don’t care about dinner, the cocktail is a good value. IIRC it was $16 USD per person for the cocktail and show. There were alcoholic and non alcoholic options. I think the dinner and show was around $40 USD per person. 

And yes, there are  shows that are no charge in the main theater. 

Thank you! So option without dinne or drinks? We have drinking package, so maybe "stupid" to pay once more.. 🙂

MSc is currently offering Cirque with Dinner as a promo. We got this for our cruise now and went last night. Arrange day and time (early or late show) after boarding. Try to do this on your first day.

The dinner was the best meal we have had so far on ship and we are YC. Show was good. (Sonor) Going tonight for Viaggio , drink and show. So, will compare the two.

Only certain shows are done on certain days, so plan accordingly . Will post current schedule for Mediterranean cruise.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, phissy said:

MSc is currently offering Cirque with Dinner as a promo. We got this for our cruise now and went last night. Arrange day and time (early or late show) after boarding. Try to do this on your first day.

The dinner was the best meal we have had so far on ship and we are YC. Show was good. (Sonor) Going tonight for Viaggio , drink and show. So, will compare the two.

Only certain shows are done on certain days, so plan accordingly . Will post current schedule for Mediterranean cruise.

Totally forgot about that promo as I missed it. 

9 hours ago, phissy said:

We're still undecided which one to book so look forward to your comparison. 

On 3/16/2019 at 10:41 AM, phissy said:

I have booked both for my April Meraviglia so I am happy to hear the dinner is good.  Can't wait to hear about the second show!

You need to check in at desk with card and they print out your seating cards.

Second show for us was Viaggio. Drink was not great. We had a choice of 3 pre-made cocktails. One non alcoholic and other two were either very sweet and red or one that had cream that had separated and looked terrible. They called this a Moscow mule. 

But, you are going for the show.

Seats are pre-assigned when you confirm your purchase onboard and select the day and time. No shows on Mondays.

we selected early show and got front row seats 109 and 110. So no need to get in line early for good seAt. All seats are very good.

this show had technical problems and stopped for 15 minutes and then restarted later in the storyline. Did not make sense but still interesting.

if we had to choose one show, we would do Sonor. Technically, much more difficult acrobatics and visually more interesting.

for dinner, row choices for app and main. One standard dessert of choc mousse and ice cream with coulee.

we chose lobster salad and lamb shank. Both amazing.

Edited by phissy
  • Like 1