No CNBC or production shows on koningsdam

wesport

On NA in February, I believe it was CNBC that was playing on the first channel but not for the full day.  It was a mix of programming with CNBC in the mornings.  I forget what they called the channel.

I suppose it could be a similar channel, so don't quote me on that.  It was definitely a mix of business news followed by non-news programs.

Edited by bEwAbG

1 hour ago, ScottC4746 said:

Doesn't matter to me.  I'd be happier if they had a bridge channel so you can see what the captain sees from the bridge, a few info channels and some music channels.  I am on vacation.

They have a bow and stern cam, as well as a somewhat interactive map channel showing the route,ports and ship position.  Also had music, some tv channels and a bunch of movies, series and documentary type stuff that you could play on demand.

1 hour ago, ScottC4746 said:

Doesn't matter to me.  I'd be happier if they had a bridge channel so you can see what the captain sees from the bridge, a few info channels and some music channels.  I am on vacation.

They have a bow and stern cam, as well as a somewhat interactive map channel showing the route,ports and ship position.  Also had music, some tv channels and a bunch of movies, series and documentary type stuff that you could play on demand.

On 3/13/2019 at 10:10 AM, DaveOKC said:

Bring back CNBC!!

is it still on the Eurodam??

Such good info on these boards! I didn't know this was all changing. According to HAL's website the Mainstage shows are "Available on the Eurodam, Nieuw Amsterdam, , Nieuw Statendam, Noordam, Oosterdam, Prinsendam, Westerdam, Zuiderdam".   Maybe they will all change in the future ? We were on the K last year in Norway and loved it, so booked again for the Med this year. Still found the mainstage shows a bit lame so I won't be that disappointed they are gone. The Lincoln Centre Stage, Classical concerts and the piano bar were in heavy demand and it was always standing room only which creates a great atmosphere actually. I still don't understand why happy hours are only in some bars and at different times! I think it is the entertainment in the bar that draws you in as well so I do miss a house band playing decent covers in a happy hour situation. I also enjoyed the Test Kitchen but you had to get there early for a seat too. Looking forward to the cruise anyway 🙂

Edited by luv2cruisenz

Of course, we all are unique with different tastes; however I am in total agreement with the cruiser who loved : the "Humanity" dance show.  I saw it and the other dance show on the Koningsdam, and was blown away.  The dancers were so talented, flawlessly moving from ballet to more contemporary dance, and then the changing backdrops were incredible.  Kudos to Holland America for introducing two classy shows.

• 2 weeks later...

This news is discusting and the first I have heard of this. HAL is getting so cheap with what they are cutting re entertainment! What an excuse, “too many complaints about too many repeats of the same show”.! I do not believe that! First they eliminate the enclosed piano bars with the cream of the crop, versatile and highly professional pianist/singers, and substitute amateur piano duo/singers just out of high school who have a specific program they have to follow. And speaking of repeat shows with the same repertoire during a single voyage, Lincoln Centre does it as well as the dull dueling pianos.

And now, if this is true, no more big productions on their beautiful stages. Why spend all that money on these state of the art theatres to showcase comedians, magicians and other soloists! You build these theatres and then to save money, you cut your BEST shows. Discusting. We were on the Konigsdam last summer and will be on it again this summer and will be very disappointed if this is truly the case. This Will definitely be our last HAL Cruise. Your cruises increase in price while you constantly find new ways of cutting YOUR costs to the paying customer. Sad.