Phooey!! (Cozumel Mr. Sanchos Related)

jailer man_sailor sam

Got so excited about reading all of the reviews on Mr. Santos that I was going to bite on making a reservation.  Needless to say I was disappointed since that date in May is the ONLY date that they're full.  Ugh!  Looking into some quieter options like Cozumel Occidental Grand Barcelo All Inclusive Beach resort day pass, Cozumel El Cozumeleno AI Beach resort day pass or Cozumel Allegro Beach Resort AI day pass.  Any recommendations of the three or possible others that I should look in to?  

Thanks in Advance!

Nachi Cocom!! We've done Mr Sanchos and were very disappointed.  It was very crowded.  The beach lounges were lined up side by side and and all the way down to the water line.  There was not much room to walk around.  We felt like sardines.  It got pretty rowdy at one point and the servers had to calm things down. I felt the drinks were a little watered down.  The food and service were good, though.  Nachi Cocom is a much more relaxing place.  They alow a limited amount of people.  The lounges are far apart.  They have a pool with swim up bar, like Sancho, but with an added hot tub.  We much prefer Nachi Cocom.

Nachi used to have a limit of 100 people, but have expanded their operations and now place a limit of 140.  Even with 140, you're not as jammed in as Mr Sanchos can be.  Nachi is more adult oriented since they don't have the ocean toys.

When we were in Cozumel last month we did a Carnival sponsored excursion "Passion Island by Catamaran."  It was excellent, the 45 min boat ride each way was fun, the beach was beautiful and it included a plentiful Mexican Buffet as well as open bar the whole time.  Worth checking out, in my opinion.

Another vote for Nachi. We have been to Sancho's many times. Last Sept they were booked for my date. Went to Nachi instead & loved it. Went back to Cozumel last month & guess where we went? Nachi!

Drinks are *much* better & more relaxed atmosphere. 

Don't get me wrong, we love Sancho's too & will go back there when we have our teens with us. But from now on when it's just the 2 of us we will reserve a spot at Nachi. 

20180914_161127(0).jpg

Last cruise in Jan. we ended up going to Cozumel twice, we originally had planned on going to Nachi Cocom on our first stop but was offered a free Carnival excursion on a Catamaran to Passion Island along with some other premier cruisers...we took it, a shuttle boat to the island, one food server, one bartender, not near enough loungers, enough said. My wife and I agreed we'd rater had paid for Nachi than go to Passion Island for free. So we miss our port in Roatan and it's announced that we are headed back to Cozumel.  Tried to get reservations for Nachi but internet was so bad, with everyone scrambling to find something to do in Cozumel, never could get through, settled for Occidental Barcelo, day pass.  Don't think we will be going back there again, nothing horrible but just not that good.  We found out later some other people just showed up to Nachi, as they could not make reservations either and were allowed in.  Nachi is so much better.

Last month tried Occidental Grand Barcelo. Very nice upscale property. Beach, adult pool and "everybody" pool. The place was crowded and there was a surplus of chair hogs. Don't  know if this is an all the time thing or just a February thing; lots of people from the far north staying at the hotel. There are 3 bars, two pool side and one in the main reception area. There is an open buffet with anything you could want to eat. Shared a taxi with 4 other cruisemates which made it vert affordable.  Would go back again; a cut above experience. 

At El Cozumeleno  you can get a day pass but be warned the last time we were there, for a 7 day vacation, the food was horrible.  Otherwise, we loved the place.  We ended up going to town to eat at the end of our trip.  It might be okay for the day though.

33 minutes ago, HOSKI said:

At El Cozumeleno  you can get a day pass but be warned the last time we were there, for a 7 day vacation, the food was horrible.  Otherwise, we loved the place.  We ended up going to town to eat at the end of our trip.  It might be okay for the day though.

If the food sucked over the course of a week and you were stuck paying extra to go into town to enjoy bearable food, why do you think it would be ok for a day pass?  Bad food is bad food, even for only a lunch during a day pass.  There are too many options to put up with it.

We enjoyed our time at Paradise beach.  They do all inclusive packages now if you are into that.  We just paid the $3 last time to get in.  And ordered individual drinks and food.  They are reasonably priced and the food was delicious.  They have a nice large pool with shallow ledges around it for loungers.   

• Like 1

On 3/12/2019 at 4:03 PM, cruisemein said:

Last cruise in Jan. we ended up going to Cozumel twice, we originally had planned on going to Nachi Cocom on our first stop but was offered a free Carnival excursion on a Catamaran to Passion Island along with some other premier cruisers...we took it, a shuttle boat to the island, one food server, one bartender, not near enough loungers, enough said. My wife and I agreed we'd rater had paid for Nachi than go to Passion Island for free. So we miss our port in Roatan and it's announced that we are headed back to Cozumel.  Tried to get reservations for Nachi but internet was so bad, with everyone scrambling to find something to do in Cozumel, never could get through, settled for Occidental Barcelo, day pass.  Don't think we will be going back there again, nothing horrible but just not that good.  We found out later some other people just showed up to Nachi, as they could not make reservations either and were allowed in.  Nachi is so much better.

We have stayed at Occidental (before it was taken over by Barcelo, so don’t know what changes have been made, if any) and day passes to Allegro and Nachi. 

Nachi and Occidental are more adult oriented and Allegra more family. Not sure i would rate Nachi any better than Occidental - they are different, both have their merits and suit different tastes. Nachi is a beach bar, whereas Occidental is a resort with more facilities (more pools, buffet restaurant, activities, more grounds and room). One downside of Occidental because it is bigger, is that it is a long walk from reception to the beach, if that is a problem. I wouldn’t stay at Occidental again because we prefer to be in town but wouldn’t be averse to a day pass in the future. I am sure how busy it is depends on the season, as with all these places, but you certainly won’t find it overun with cruisers, who tend to stick to the regular beach clubs.

I am confused, since you were initially looking at Sanchos and now want a quieter place, as to what facilities you are actually looking for.

3 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

What is the best way to book Nachi, and how far is it from the port?

Book on their web site and the cab will be about $17 each way, for up to 4 sharing the ride.  The ride takes about 10-12+ minutes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We enjoyed our time at Paradise beach.  They do all inclusive packages now if you are into that.  We just paid the $3 last time to get in.  And ordered individual drinks and food.  They are reasonably priced and the food was delicious.  They have a nice large pool with shallow ledges around it for loungers.   

Question about Paradise. we are looking into doing Paradise with our kids (8 and 11) and want to just do the entrance fee and do the water toys. We will pay for food as we go. Do we need to make reservations?? 

Also, is there anywhere to walk around there if you get bored with the beach, since we are there for 8 hours. 

TIA.

Edited by Sunbather80

5 hours ago, Sunbather80 said:

Question about Paradise. we are looking into doing Paradise with our kids (8 and 11) and want to just do the entrance fee and do the water toys. We will pay for food as we go. Do we need to make reservations?? 

Also, is there anywhere to walk around there if you get bored with the beach, since we are there for 8 hours. 

TIA.

As mentioned above, no reservations.  Lots of shops and bars on or near the piers, or head to downtown for even more shopping , eating and drinking options.