The Celebrity Cruise website jamaika me crazy

cruisefam38

Not once, but twice this week, we accessed the Celebrity website in an attempt to purchase excursions to enjoy during our upcoming cruise utilizing OBC.  Each time, the website insisted that we provide a credit card before allowing us to apply the OBC towards the purchase.  Three times each session I attempted to complete the transaction using the OBC shown available onscreen ( insanity defined as performing the same action repeatedly expecting a different outcome).  A call to Captain's Club confirmed that a credit card was not required to use OBC, and we got the two excursions we wanted.  Both calls, 24 hours apart, were efficiently handled by a helpful fellow going by the name "Eric".  I feel confident that Eric is not, nor has been, associated the Celebrity information technology department.

The Capt. Club phone number I used was 1-800-760-0654.  

• Like 1

Good point MikeMary, however sliding the "use  OBC" button did not work in my case.  In fact, when asked during the first call, Eric confirmed the "use OBC" button seemed to be malfunctioning.  During the second call, Eric reported the problem seemed to go beyond one toggle switch.

Edited by cruisefam38

2 hours ago, cruisefam38 said:

Good point MikeMary, however sliding the "use  OBC" button did not work in my case.  In fact, when asked during the first call, Eric confirmed the "use OBC" button seemed to be malfunctioning.  During the second call, Eric reported the problem seemed to go beyond one toggle switch.

Sorry you are having a problem.  This solution of unclicking the "Use OBC" check mark and reclicking

it before clicking "Apply Credit" has worked for us for the past several months and as recently as just

two days ago.  When all else fails, we do call the Captain's Club for assistance.  Mike and Mary

• Thanks 1

I find that when doing anything involving the X website is to first open an InPrivate window in whatever browser you like and then proceed. If it doesn't work, call the number OP listed. Clearly no one at Captains Club works in IT since they manage to accomplish guest requests efficiently,  promptly, pleasantly and correctly!😉

18 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

I find that when doing anything involving the X website is to first open an InPrivate window in whatever browser you like and then proceed.

I forgot, and how could I have forgotten.   You've shared this strategy before, Luvcrusn.  Wasn't it a year ago that we were opining about the Celebrity IT department?  The website is some improved, but considering the regular posts regarding issues with the functionality, the system is still less than optimal.

MikeMary4449, it could be a difference in browsers explains some of the differences in our experience. 

If that is the case, then I think it would be incumbent upon the Celebrity IT department to post clearly on it's website that their software supports one or certain browsers, and that it does not play well with others. 

At least we can keep the Captain's Club staff employed. 

Cruisefam38 I have posted that strategy often over the last 2 years ever since X website underwent the "prettyfication." It doesnt seem to matter the browser (I use Edge, Chrome, IE, Firefox, and several mobile devices) what makes a consistent difference is using an InPrivate or Incognito window. At this point, if I go to the X website at all, for any reason I do it that way. The IT Team is highly incompetent, and seem to have a high degree of job security since they are so slow to accomplish fixing things and problems continually occur. Anyway, don't worry about forgetting the strategy. If you're a regular follower of Cruise Critic X boards you'll see me post a reminder in response to these threads every few weeks!😅

• Like 1

On 3/14/2019 at 9:50 AM, Luvcrusn said:

Anyway, don't worry about forgetting the strategy. If you're a regular follower of Cruise Critic X boards you'll see me post a reminder in response to these threads every few weeks!

:classic_rolleyes:

You have taken the lead on recognizing and addressing Celebrity website issues, Luvcrusn.