NCL Breakaway Skipping Nassau

SteveSav

18 minutes ago, Son of a son of a ... said:

That stinks ... you will probably skip GSC, as well.  Get a spa pass.

What do you mean we will probably skip it?  Yes I did think this might be the cruise to get a spa pass LOL.  We are in Haven on this cruise though so I am not sure the spa pass would seem that great.  

We are on the Breakaway two weeks before this first cruise.   Very sorry for all of you for the shorter day at Tortola.   We have at 8 to 6 at Tortola but just a 7-3 at St Thomas. 

Wish we could go to GSC instead of Nassau.

1 hour ago, cruising7 said:

What do you mean we will probably skip it?  Yes I did think this might be the cruise to get a spa pass LOL.  We are in Haven on this cruise though so I am not sure the spa pass would seem that great.  

I was in the Haven on the Breakaway in January and we certainly used the spa pass.  The Haven area is great too but the heated loungers and the big pool with the "water spout" had me spending time there every day.

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 2

This is our itinerary for June 2 on breakaway. My husband and i could care less for Nassau.  Been there done that. Daughter and family is going and with two 17 yr old and 15 year old they already got the excursion for half day at Atlantis . They went before and loved it even though it was a pricy excursion. If it wouldn’t piss my daughter off so bad i wold tell her there is an excursion in to the new port to swim with pigs. That will get her going. 

22 minutes ago, marktwothousand said:

Is it maybe because of the recently refreshed travel warning against Nassau? I heard there was one.

at least you got a lot of notice. 

Probably not because if it was then ALL calls to Nassau would've been cancelled and not just 3.

Great $$$ bonus for those who have Nationwide Travel Insurance and Itinerary Change coverage!! 

I’m ambivalent about Nassau.  Been there a lot.  I’ve done the tours, snorkeled, seen Atlantis.  So, for me it would be a shoulder shrug if it’s not being scheduled any more.  Plus, there are some warnings about safety that has caused concern.  I’ve never had any issues there, however.

My cruises have missed GSC twice over the last couple of cruises.  So, that might be dicey, too.  Agree with others....get a Spa Pass and spend your time there.

The email we received stated that instead of Nassau, we get GSC.  I'm more than OK with it.... as many have mentioned, Nassau can be missed, especially if you only have a few hours there.  I will DEFINITELY enjoy GSC more than Nassau.

Few questions about GSC.  We have been many times to harvest caye and loved the cleanliness and things it has.  Yay zipline.  So is the beach nice at GSC?  Surely it is free. What about a pool?  Do you have to book parasailing ahead (excursion) or even the kayaks?  Or can you just pay at the island. Cash , credit card or sign and sale card.

i understand there is a buffet at no charge there, also your drink package covers drinks there.  Does that include soda?

seems before we went to harvest caye there was so much info (maybe because it was new) but not real clear on GSC .

thanks on any info

GSC instead of Nassau? Darn! 😂

Seriously, I know that’s Nassau is like the red headed stepchild of ports of call, and many of us have been there way too many times, but on my last visit I actually decided to do something different than what I’ve done before, reserved a private boat just for my family, and headed to Rosen Island. In a nutshell, WOW! Not only the best day I’ve ever had while visiting Nassau, but one of the best days I’ve ever had on any cruise I’ve ever taken. Absolutely wonderful. 

On 3/13/2019 at 4:57 PM, SteveSav said:

Just got this email... what's up ??

image.png.a7412c01e77c28b38c3c4312563ae6c8.png

I don't understand why Tortola would be shortened; it's coming from St Thomas the day before, same as originally scheduled.  Even if they had to leave at 2pm to get to GSC at 11; why change from 7am?

While I love GSC for a free beach day, I also enjoyed both stops we made in Nassau last year. In May we did an excursion to Blue Lagoon Island which we really enjoyed. On our second stop, in  November, we went to the beach near Atlantis and the Comfort Inn. It was a nice sandy beach with crystal clear water. I also remember not wanting to bother exploring the port area, since it did not give me a good feeling.