New Nassau cruise port

Surrealistic

Indeed, interesting.  Might make Nassau interesting again.  Or might just feel like I'm at Disney (Disney Springs that is, what used to be Downtown Disney), which I can do whenever I want, living in the Orlando area...

Edited by ProgRockCruiser

3 minutes ago, shof515 said:

i can only imagine how this is going to cost and it effects the port taxes and fees that get passed down to us. wont be surprised to see port taxes/fees doubling

I think so too. While improving the port area seems like a great idea, it won't come without cost to the cruiselines and hence the consumer.

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

i can only imagine how this is going to cost and it effects the port taxes and fees that get passed down to us. wont be surprised to see port taxes/fees doubling

I can say with great confidence that you are way off on that assumption. Ports hold no power over the cruise lines to dock there. As we've seen with Antigua, a line will stop visiting there if the terms aren't to their liking. How you think they would put up with a doubling of costs, just shows that we put negativity first in so many cruise discussions. It is simple economics.

Let's look at the facts. Nassau is a common port. Nassau can hold many ships. Nassau from 10 years ago to today has grown tremendously in passenger size. All signs point to Nassau wanting to continue to be a cruise destination. They can maybe even get those people who refuse to get off the boat, to give it another chance as this will be more inviting to the cruise lines and passengers.

Edited by Joebucks

Interesting video. We have probably been to Nassau a half dozen times (all on cruises). We have notices (as has the U.S. State Department) that it isn't what it used to be.  Nassau is a preferred destination for low cost east coast cruises. Not sure that this changes that or makes it a place we would want to go to multiple times.