Need thoughts on getting two 4 year olds from IAH to hotel near Galveston

spinspokes

Hi all, 

We are traveling with our twin four-year-olds and are trying to figure out how to get from the airport to our hotel near Galveston. My first thought was an Uber, until I realized we would not have car seats. What have other people done in this situation?

Sorry if this is been posted before but I wasn’t able to find anything answering these questions. Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, spinspokes said:

Hi all, 

We are traveling with our twin four-year-olds and are trying to figure out how to get from the airport to our hotel near Galveston. My first thought was an Uber, until I realized we would not have car seats. What have other people done in this situation?

Sorry if this is been posted before but I wasn’t able to find anything answering these questions. Thanks in advance!

Wow, tough one. Without a car seat, it may be hard for any transportation. You can call Uber and request car seats for an additional cost (I presume), or you can book Carnival transportation and not have to worry about much, just call Carnival and ask about car seats. They may better assist you. 

52 minutes ago, spinspokes said:

Except we are not going from the airport to the ship, we are staying at a hotel for the night. 

Consider a hotel with a complimentary 24hr shuttle so you can easily access the shuttle provided by either Carnival or a third party company. 

We either fly with a booster seat and use our own or set up a driver that will provide a car seat.  Problem is i've had a driver not remember the car seat before.  Most shuttle buses I've used don't even have seat belts, so a car seat would be useless.  Also, consider how you will travel if you take the kids off the boat.  I've carried my booster seat off before only for the cabs in Mexico not to even have seat belts!  

On 3/15/2019 at 12:31 AM, spinspokes said:

Hi all, 

Galveston Express provides booster seats upon request but not carseats. This might be an option for you if your children are big enough to use them.