Upgrade bid experiences

Grandma Cruising

Just now, 2ndsailing said:

We're on your cruise as well.  Still says ineiglible to bid.  We booked this cruise onboard the Journey October 2018.  We're also on the following cruise and received an email from Azamara yesterday to bid for an upgrade on that cruise but not on the February 20th cruise.  I spoke with someone at Azamara in November who told me they would get back to me...never heard from them again.  My TA has been in touch too...still no answer.

Thank you for responding - interesting - could it be that the 20th February is fully booked above veranda level? Just a thought, on reading your response.

We are on the March 17th cruise out of Dubai and have received the email to bid on an upgrade. We are in a V1 balcony cabin, we can bid for a balcony plus stateroom for from £75 pp. A club continent suite for from £300 pp right up to Club World Owners suite from £2110 pp. This is our first experience of the upgrade bidding process, it is about 18 months since our last Azamara cruise, so it’s very new to us and I can’t say I fully understand it. However we are very content with our current stateroom so will not bid.

46 minutes ago, Lindy028 said:

We are on the March 17th cruise out of Dubai and have received the email to bid on an upgrade. We are in a V1 balcony cabin, we can bid for a balcony plus stateroom for from £75 pp. A club continent suite for from £300 pp right up to Club World Owners suite from £2110 pp. This is our first experience of the upgrade bidding process, it is about 18 months since our last Azamara cruise, so it’s very new to us and I can’t say I fully understand it. However we are very content with our current stateroom so will not bid.

Thanks for this, I’ve added it to the spreadsheet.

I am also  on the  February 20 sailing of the Quest in an accessible ocean view cabin.

I am a Azamara newbie but have Club  Voyageur Adventurer Status due to past Celebrity Cruises. I  booked the cruise in July 2019  through a Vancouver BC Canada based large cruise agency.

I was sent  these upgrade offers this morning (Monday, January 6).   I was a bit surprised as I am in accessible  cabin.  I will not  bid as I require  the features an accessible  cabin offers.

Here  is what I was  offered:

Club Veranda Stateroom

Enjoy spectacular ocean and destination views from your private veranda, plus a host of guest-favorite amenities.

From $200 USD pp top bid $1200 USD

Club Veranda Plus Stateroom

Everything you love about our traditional Club Veranda Staterooms is included, plus extra perks and amenities to elevate your time on board.

From $300 USD pp top bid $1300 USD

Edited by Chilcotin

6 hours ago, Chilcotin said:

I am also  on the  February 20 sailing of the Quest in an accessible ocean view cabin.

I am a Azamara newbie but have Club  Voyageur Adventurer Status due to past Celebrity Cruises. I  booked the cruise in July 2019  through a Vancouver BC Canada based large cruise agency.

I was sent  these upgrade offers this morning (Monday, January 6).   I was a bit surprised as I am in accessible  cabin.  I will not  bid as I require  the features an accessible  cabin offers.

Here  is what I was  offered:

Club Veranda Stateroom

Enjoy spectacular ocean and destination views from your private veranda, plus a host of guest-favorite amenities.

From $200 USD pp top bid $1200 USD

Everything you love about our traditional Club Veranda Staterooms is included, plus extra perks and amenities to elevate your time on board.

From $300 USD pp top bid $1300 USD

Thanks, added your information. Interesting that the minimum bids were so low, given that this is a 26 night cruise.

We’re on the March 2 Argentina, Chile & Peru Voyage on the Pursuit. I received the eligibility email offer today.

Club Veranda Plus Stateroom - from $100 pp

Club Continent Suite - from $400 pp

Club Spa Suite - from $3,100 pp

Club Ocean Suite - from $3,900 pp

Club World Owner’s Suite - from $4,600 pp

We have a Club Veranda Stateroom, mid ship on deck 7 . . . a cabin that we had chosen.

I’m not interested in bidding!

5 hours ago, Rabo said:

We’re on the March 2 Argentina, Chile & Peru Voyage on the Pursuit. I received the eligibility email offer today.

Club Veranda Plus Stateroom - from $100 pp

Club Continent Suite - from $400 pp

Club Spa Suite - from $3,100 pp

Club Ocean Suite - from $3,900 pp

Club World Owner’s Suite - from $4,600 pp

We have a Club Veranda Stateroom, mid ship on deck 7 . . . a cabin that we had chosen.

I’m not interested in bidding!

Thanks, Rabo. I’ve added the information to the spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pEoojQ5-EPmD4cI3gw1dVcYfYTXfZePdDXxU09l0H3M
Hope you both have a great cruise!

Right now, I see no record of anyone bidding from oceanview to veranda whose bid was rejected.  That's interesting.  I booked an oceanview for Japan for April 2021, mostly because the verandas are priced too high for us.  If I could bid on one and get one, even for the high prices per day of the successful bids, I'd be elated.  My guess is that there may be no upgrades at all for these highly popular cruises where all cabins are sold.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hubofhockey said:

Right now, I see no record of anyone bidding from oceanview to veranda whose bid was rejected.  That's interesting.  I booked an oceanview for Japan for April 2021, mostly because the verandas are priced too high for us.  If I could bid on one and get one, even for the high prices per day of the successful bids, I'd be elated.  My guess is that there may be no upgrades at all for these highly popular cruises where all cabins are sold.

I think you’re right. We got the chance to bid from an Oceanview to a Veranda on our November TA, but were not offered the chance to bid for a CC Suite. I knew that all the suites were sold out. We didn’t bid as we wanted to be in the OV we had chosen rather than in a Veranda, but we might have bid for a CC Suite.

We have received an upgrade bid email for our cruise on 23 April, Greece Intensive. I'm sure, after  checking the website, the verandahs and CC suites were all sold out for this voyage. Not sure I’d be spending another $2000+ at least to upgrade! We will stick with our veranda.  

MAKE YOUR BID

Here are some upgrade options,
priced per person for the entire duration of the cruise:

upgrade IMAGE

Club World Owner's Suite
Our largest suites have been transformed to feature contemporary design elements that create an elegant and organic feel.

From $4,060 AUD pp

SEE DETAILS

upgrade IMAGE

Club Ocean Suite
When you step inside your Club Ocean Suite, you step inside a large suite with elegant, contemporary décor.

From $3,620 AUD pp

SEE DETAILS

upgrade IMAGE

Club Spa Suite
Love the feeling of being at the spa but never want to leave? With our Club Spa Suites, you won’t have to.

From $3,040 AUD pp

SEE DETAILS

upgrade IMAGE

Club Continent Suite
The Club Continent suites are our smaller suites, yet spacious and comfortable. A wonderful and refined home away from home.

From $580 AUD pp

SEE DETAILS

upgrade IMAGE

From $140 AUD pp

SEE DETAILS

Hi DRJVH

We also received the email offer to upgrade on this cruise.We are in an Oceanview and our offer was to Balcony or Balcony Plus.  At the time we received the email  there was  a single Owners Suite available and today the cruise has been removed on line as there are no Cabins available at all. As we are 94 days out, maybe after final payment this week there may be  cabins available?

Whilst we were fortunate with our upgrade offer for a cruise last October, we have decided not to bid on this very port intensive itinerary.

Edited by combine

18 hours ago, combine said:

Hi DRJVH

We also received the email offer to upgrade on this cruise.We are in an Oceanview and our offer was to Balcony or Balcony Plus.  At the time we received the email  there was  a single Owners Suite available and today the cruise has been removed on line as there are no Cabins available at all. As we are 94 days out, maybe after final payment this week there may be  cabins available?

Whilst we were fortunate with our upgrade offer for a cruise last October, we have decided not to bid on this very port intensive itinerary.

Hi Combine. Yes we noticed that the cruise had been removed as well.
So cabins become available are final payment this week? Our final payment was due in December but We’re quite happy with the veranda we have chosen. 

• 3 weeks later...

We have just received an email to say that our upgrade bid has been excepted. We are sailing on Pursuit, February 19th, 12 days Rio Carnival from Buenos Aires. We did not receive an email offering us an upgrade but we went online and checked we were eligible and filled in the form on the 19th Jan 2020. We offered £700 for the cabin, this was a weak bid. Because we had not heard and knew that some cabins were still available we upped our offer by £100 to £800 for the cabin, still a weak bid. We were in balcony cabin 7085 which we got on a guarantee basis. Once we paid in full our cabin number was issued and we thought we had done well! Now we have done even better!! We are Discovery level members and have tried several times under the old system to upgrade and never been excepted.

1 hour ago, myden said:

We have just received an email to say that our upgrade bid has been excepted. We are sailing on Pursuit, February 19th, 12 days Rio Carnival from Buenos Aires. We did not receive an email offering us an upgrade but we went online and checked we were eligible and filled in the form on the 19th Jan 2020. We offered £700 for the cabin, this was a weak bid. Because we had not heard and knew that some cabins were still available we upped our offer by £100 to £800 for the cabin, still a weak bid. We were in balcony cabin 7085 which we got on a guarantee basis. Once we paid in full our cabin number was issued and we thought we had done well! Now we have done even better!! We are Discovery level members and have tried several times under the old system to upgrade and never been excepted.

Please tell us what suite category you are upgraded to.

12 hours ago, myden said:

Thanks for the information, I’ve added it to the spreadsheet. Do you remember what the minimum bid was?

• 2 weeks later...

Brand new to this discussion.  Someone mentioned that there is a spreadsheet of upgrade bids and whether successful or not?  Can you direct me where to find it?  We just submitted 2 bids for our Intensive Ireland cruise on the Pursuit on May 24, 2020 and would like to see what our chances are.

Thanks

Linda & Karl

20 minutes ago, momfalc said:

Brand new to this discussion.  Someone mentioned that there is a spreadsheet of upgrade bids and whether successful or not?  Can you direct me where to find it?  We just submitted 2 bids for our Intensive Ireland cruise on the Pursuit on May 24, 2020 and would like to see what our chances are.

Thanks

Linda & Karl

Have a look at post 657 on this thread.

19 minutes ago, momfalc said:

Thanks

Linda & Karl

Here you are. I hope you find it helpful, and that you come back here to add to it when you know the result of your bid. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pEoojQ5-EPmD4cI3gw1dVcYfYTXfZePdDXxU09l0H3M

5 minutes ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Here you are. I hope you find it helpful, and that you come back here to add to it when you know the result of your bid. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pEoojQ5-EPmD4cI3gw1dVcYfYTXfZePdDXxU09l0H3M

Thank you.  Will definitely come back with the details once we know the outcome.  

• Like 1

I just noticed in the fine print of my travel agent documents (from a large well-known US-based company) it says they do not “participate in cruise line bid-based stateroom upgrade programs.”  

I am wondering if that means we won’t be eligible, or if it means we might be eligible but we’ll need to log in and check if that’s something we are interested in. 

We picked a cabin we’d be happy with and I doubt we would successfully bid if we were eligible but I am a little curious if anyone knows the answer.