Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

just booked 7 cabins with my extended family for the july 18 2020 sailing out of cape liberty and have seen that oasis is going in for a 2 month dry dock/refurb in fall of this yr......has anyone read anything definitive on the changes being made?Will they be adding the slides that are on harmony and Symphony?possibly laser tag? Also will the shows be changed post dry dock?

Edited by localunion333

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She is undergoing a bow to stern refurbishment adding all the things Symphony has. She’s getting laser tag, the trampoline VR, Hooked, Playmakers, the Blaster, etc. I’ve been looking at those Cape Liberty sailings too. Have fun! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They will also make sure that the tilting mechanism for the exhaust stacks works on a regular basis.  Without that working she will not be able to get under the Verrazano Bridge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2019 at 9:01 AM, pcutrone said:

She is undergoing a bow to stern refurbishment adding all the things Symphony has. She’s getting laser tag, the trampoline VR, Hooked, Playmakers, the Blaster, etc. I’ve been looking at those Cape Liberty sailings too. Have fun! 

I was on Symphony last month, and didn’t see the trampoline?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I was on Symphony last month, and didn’t see the trampoline?

The trampoline VR is being added to ships that are being “Amped”. Symphony doesn’t have it, but from what I have read, Oasis is getting it along with the other things Symphony has such as Hooked, Playmakers, Laser Tag, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, pcutrone said:

The trampoline VR is being added to ships that are being “Amped”. Symphony doesn’t have it, but from what I have read, Oasis is getting it along with the other things Symphony has such as Hooked, Playmakers, Laser Tag, etc. 

 Not all ships are getting the same things.  Personally I would be surprised if Oasis class get the VR trampoline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

 Not all ships are getting the same things.  Personally I would be surprised if Oasis class get the VR trampoline.

 

They could remove a FlowRider 😱

 

Or stick it in the existing DL. Anything is better than Wonderland 

Edited by John&LaLa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

 Not all ships are getting the same things.  Personally I would be surprised if Oasis class get the VR trampoline.

You’re right, they are all getting different things, but I did read it in a couple of different places so I thought maybe there was some truth to it. It would be nice if Royal would just confirm what they are doing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2019 at 10:51 AM, stevea36 said:

They will also make sure that the tilting mechanism for the exhaust stacks works on a regular basis.  Without that working she will not be able to get under the Verrazano Bridge

Telescoping not tilting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We just got off Oasis on March 17 and several crew members told us Oasis will be getting slides and Cats will change to Phantom of the Opera

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, tanderine said:

We just got off Oasis on March 17 and several crew members told us Oasis will be getting slides and Cats will change to Phantom of the Opera

 

Fantastic news about CATS!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

 

Fantastic news about CATS!!!

 

Not really, same basic problem.  It's 150 minutes long. And you know ALW is not going to agree to make it shorter. Plus it has a huge cast. 

 

And after the Mariner rigging problem, do you want to sit under the chandelier. 😱

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Not really, same basic problem.  It's 150 minutes long. And you know ALW is not going to agree to make it shorter. Plus it has a huge cast. 

 

And after the Mariner rigging problem, do you want to sit under the chandelier. 😱

And the story is going to be HARD to compehend for the Grease crowd!😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cello56 said:

I was hoping for Wicked!

 

How about Jersey Boys?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

 

How about Jersey Boys?

 

Not enough women. The cast has to do the other production show as well. It is also 150 minutes. 😇  Apparently that is an issue for some

Edited by John&LaLa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

 

How about Jersey Boys?

I think that’s on NCL Bliss 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cocod08 said:

I think that’s on NCL Bliss 

 

Dang.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...