Excursions-pay when you get there

panzafit

My family and I are going on a Royal Caribbean cruise to St. THomas in July.  I was looking for excursions that include sightseeing, shopping, and Maegans Bay.  I was wondering if there were any recommendations and if any of them take payment when you arrive.  There are 12 of us going and it's hard to tell who will actually want to go when we get there.  We recently went to Nassau and were able to reserve a spot for $20 and then pay in cash for everyone who showed up when we got there.  There were 2 people who decided not to go so we didn't have to pay for them and they just had a couple walking by who wanted a tour join us.  We will also be traveling with my husbands elderly parents who are 75.  Not in wheelchairs but slow going and can't walk for long stretches of time.

We were there in December and there were vendors selling tours at the port. We had already booked and pre-paid with Godfrey Tours, so I don’t know how the prices compared to just getting a tour after we arrived. 

We were very satisfied with Godfrey Tours, so you may check with them and see if they will accept payment after arrival. They also have private charters, which may be cheaper overall, even if a few decide not to go.  Here is a link to their website:

https://www.godfreytours.com/

Yes it's hard to find reputable or popular operators willing to reserve their services just for you with no $$ down, just not a sound business practice. With no financial commitment so many people would be no-shows for whatever reason and the operator is stuck looking for business...

Just make your planning much easier and your day by booking Godfrey or another tour for those who are able to commit and plan ahead. Some folks just can't commit for whatever reason. Those in your party who are not ready to commit can sightsee, shop, and hit a beach via taxi on their own...

• Like 1