Giving beverage package as a gift

Hi. In June, my mother is taking my son on Liberty of the Seas. I’d like to thank her by giving her a beverage package as a gift, but I’m not sure there’s a way to do that. (I know that will also mean paying for a soda package for my son; that’s okay with me.)

Does anyone one know if I can give the beverage package as a gift? Or would I have to just buy gift certificates which she’d then use to get the package herself?

Thanks. 

35 minutes ago, CruiseyMcBoatFace said:

Hi. In June, my mother is taking my son on Liberty of the Seas. I’d like to thank her by giving her a beverage package as a gift, but I’m not sure there’s a way to do that. (I know that will also mean paying for a soda package for my son; that’s okay with me.)

Does anyone one know if I can give the beverage package as a gift? Or would I have to just buy gift certificates which she’d then use to get the package herself?

Thanks. 

How old is your son?

I imagine you can't really do it as a surprise, because you don't want her to go and try and purchase one too.  And even if she wasn't inclined to, she's going to see it on her cruise planner if you did.

Maybe just tell her, and then you can have her go into her cruise planner, buy it and pay with your credit card?

Or, you could just give her an Amex or Visa Gift Card for the amount, and she can do it however she wants.

I think it’s best to let her know in advance. She will appreciate it and know she has that to look forward to.  Just have her use your credit card through her cruise planner for this purchase.  And I don’t think you have to buy a soda package for your son.  I’m pretty sure you only have to buy for people over 21 in the same cabin.

If she is taking your son I would expect you to have the booking number but you don't really need it.  Call and they can look up the booking based on who is going and when.  Prices are cheaper before the cruise and people have reported that gift certificates can't be redeemed onboard.

If son is under 21 you can book a package just for her, no soda package is required. 

If he is older the general rule is you must buy the alcohol package for all people over 21 in the room but if you don't want to buy one for him then you can say he doesn't drink and then buy the Refreshment package for him - can't buy one alcohol and one soda package.  This can't be done online.

As leisuretraveler said, any purchases are going to show up in her personalizer.

The easiest way to do all this is to log onto her account and do it from her Personalizer.  This lets you see the sales and book at the appropriate time with your credit card.  Depends on if she wants to give you password.