Roma Pass

2KentuckyCats

6 minutes ago, 2KentuckyCats said:

What do you think about the Roma pass.? Is it worthwhile?

How long will you be in Rome? Are you interested in the sights that the pass covers? Personally, I have never purchased the pass as I have not found it worthwhile for my particular interests.

Edited by dogs4fun

Once, a few years ago, I had planned a week in Rome in late November. I knew the weather could be rainy (and it was) but luckily I had planned to visit a lot of museums and 'indoor' sites. I knew I would get the RomaPass and I plotted carefully which 3 days I would use it and in what order (you get a couple entrances and a % off the rest, as long as the site is covered) in order to maximize the value. I also made good use of the metro on those days.

With that said, even then when the pass was cheaper, I only minimally exceeded the value of the pass. (Back then only the 72-hour pass was available.)

It occurs to me that now, when Rome seems so much more crowded at all times of the year, part of the value in the pass might be in the several venues where you can skip the line. However, the more expensive sites (the ones you want to utilize for your free visits) require advance reservations I think (Colosseum, Borghese Gallery).