Which glacier tour is best?

ascho

Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations for glacier tours?  Is it worthwhile going on a helicopter excursion and if so, to which Glacier and from which port?

I like Northstarr Trekking out of Juneau as they offer three different Helicopter tours with progressively more time on the glacier.  I think Temsco offers one with two separate stops as well.  Honestly though, ANY glacier helicopter tour is likely better than none!

NorthStar looks fantastic.  I tried to book the extended trekking experience but it is sold out.  They do have the glacier trek available but now I feel like I have to get an experience like the extended trek.  I wrote to then and will wait for their response.  Thanks for the tip!  Btw, Temsco seems very tame in comparison

3 hours ago, ascho said:

NorthStar looks fantastic.  I tried to book the extended trekking experience but it is sold out.  They do have the glacier trek available but now I feel like I have to get an experience like the extended trek.  I wrote to then and will wait for their response.  Thanks for the tip!  Btw, Temsco seems very tame in comparison

Talking to NorthStar direct, they offered me options that were sold out on their website. Their phone number 907-790-4530 or toll free at 866-590-4530.

13 hours ago, ascho said:

Explain? tame???