Sign in to follow this  
go fish 44

how long are future cruise certificates valaid

1 hour ago, go fish 44 said:

please an someone tell me how long we have to use our future certificates with Royal

thanks

Just to be clear...we have FCC's, Future Cruise Certificates received (given to us) by RCCL because of an incident on the Navigator.  The certificates states it must be used within a year.  Another FCC we received expires in 2 years.

20190316_112415.jpg

Sorry for any confusion...I was thinking about the ones we have purchased on board...not the ones that were given to us.

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

Sorry for any confusion...I was thinking about the ones we have purchased on board...not the ones that were given to us.

Those Next Cruise certificates do not have an expiration date, and good luck getting the proper amount of OBC.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

Those Next Cruise certificates do not have an expiration date, and good luck getting the proper amount of OBC.

I stopped purchasing them when the OBC was reduced...before that I never had any trouble getting what the perks were at the time of purchase even years later...some of those oldie's were "golden" :classic_biggrin:

14 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I stopped purchasing them when the OBC was reduced...before that I never had any trouble getting what the perks were at the time of purchase even years later...some of those oldie's were "golden" :classic_biggrin:

Yep, those purchased in 2009 and earlier were golden.

We were onboard the Grandeur in March of 2013.  We purchased a few next/future cruise certificates.  Unknown to us RCL changed the rules of these certificates on March 15. [while we were on our cruise] We had lots of trouble using those certificates.  We had to call rcl soon after we got home to make sure we got the old rules [date of our request] vs the new rules [date agent on the ship put on the certificates]. 

I have attached the 2013 flyer and a later change in 2014 below.

Fast forward to a couple of years ago when we used the last one to book a March 16, 2019 Grandeur cruise.  [no problem]  Then a few months ago it was announced there would be a drydock and we had to change or cancel the cruise. So we picked an April 6 2019 cruise.  We got $200 OBC for our trouble. This did not equal the price difference between the cabin we had and the one we had to settle for--but. I am over that. 

The kicker was they told our TA that the certificate was too old and we would not be able to get the OBC.  What?  They cancelled the cruise.  How could it be good when I used it but not when they made me change.  The TA went to bat for us but did not get anywhere.  I know she did this because she kept us in the loop when she talked with different people.  Eventually someone high enough up in the food chain realized that if I had the OBC on the one cruise I should have it on the new cruise. . . .  so keep at it.  

14037219_Onboard_NextCruise_Flyer_2015.pdf

13033003a_NextCruise_OpenBooking_Form_US (5).pdf

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

13 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

I was going to say that if the OP is talking about the certificates bought on board good luck finding anyone that will even remember what the terms should be😇

19 hours ago, Ashland said:

Ashland...we were confused as well.  Just so happen we had a couple of FCC's on hand.  Perhaps the OP truly meant Next Cruise instead of Future Cruise.  (Ps: We wanted to personally thank you for your many helpful responses to our questions. :classic_smile:)