NAVIGATOR OTS - Just returned

6 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

I'm assuming Junior Suites have just one more outlet.

JS staterooms may have had USB outlets added next to the beds, but as far as the outlets near the desk, I believe it's the same.

On 4/23/2019 at 7:51 PM, Host Clarea said:

At the desk there are two US 110V outlets and one Euro 220V outlet.  In the bathroom there is one combo US/Euro outlet for electric shavers only.

Thank you, will need more plug ins so will have to take something.

The new fitness center is pretty bad, we were on the April 12th.  It took over the old Adventure ocean room, which has short (7ft) ceilings.  I'm 6'3 and couldn't even use the ellipticals because I was too tall.  And the classes seemed ultra cramped (I was there when one of them was going on)

That said I really liked most of the improvements, although the Kids club was too small for the 9 night easter week cruise  (Total chaos since they combined all the age groups into 1).  And Johnny Rockets ala cart pricing seemed pointless (I didn't see hardly anyone ordering anything other than an occasional milkshake)

Playmakers, Hooked and Bamboo Room were all great though, and I grew to like the overall pool deck.

Edited by atricks

3 minutes ago, atricks said:

The new fitness center is pretty bad, we were on the April 12th.  It took over the old Adventure ocean room, which has short (7ft) ceilings.  I'm 6'3 and couldn't even use the ellipticals because I was too tall.  And the classes seemed ultra cramped (I was there when one of them was going on)

Any free sauna or steam room?

13 hours ago, atricks said:

That said I really liked most of the improvements, although the Kids club was too small for the 9 night easter week cruise  (Total chaos since they combined all the age groups into 1).  And Johnny Rockets ala cart pricing seemed pointless (I didn't see hardly anyone ordering anything other than an occasional milkshake)

Playmakers, Hooked and Bamboo Room were all great though, and I grew to like the overall pool deck.

Was on the same cruise - agree with you. Fitness Center was super small/too cramped. The low ceiling was definitely still an issue. No free sauna/steam, that I saw. I don't even know where they would put it now. They definitely did this thinking about the 3/4 night cruises, with hopes that those people won't work out since they only have a few days on the ship.

Never went to JR once and didn't see many people at the counter, however El Loco Fresh is a hit! We were there every single day, pretty much. I'm so glad they incorporated a really decent grab and go food stand by the pool, finally!  I loved the pool deck, however mostly stayed on deck 12 at one of the cabanas. 

Only went to Playmakers a couple times, but was in The Bamboo Room every single day and night - definitely my favorite! Hooked was also delicious and quite honestly better than Chops this time. 

We were on Navigator the first cruise after dry dock. 9 day southern Caribbean cruise. Our cabin was 7530 and the experience was exactly as you described. It was awesome! It was our first Voyager class after Radience and Freedom classes, and older ships. We really liked the "new" ship!

We were on the Nav 3/29-4/7/19. Wonderful 9-day ABC cruise.

The ship is really nice. So colorful. 

Pros:

ABCs- too many great things to say about these islands. Bonaire: amazing!!

Lime & Coconut, especially 12th & 13th decks. 

El Loco Fresh - great idea. The entire fleet needs to add. 

Bamboo Room - best drinks, wish it had some water views.

Hooked - great add RCCL!

Andy Cruickshank(?) in Schooners

Playmakers burgers & wings

Cons:

Running 'track' on deck 12 - might as well remove it. Way too tight, with obstructions everywhere. I used Deck 4. Started outside from Starbucks, starboard side. I crossed to port side, using the forward elevator area. GPS was flaky but the loop is somewhere around .28 miles. FYI: Smoking area is on the port side of deck 4 so if that is a big issue.....

Johnny Rockets Express - no reason anymore. It was always empty. 

Tough to find a 'quiet area' to get sun, read, nap, etc. Ended up forward, near mini golf. The ship is overloaded with stuff to do. Definitely designed for the shorty cruises it will start to focus on in May.

'Tokyo Tea' cocktail - for those who know what this is...stay away! Stay very far away!!! 🙂 

Overall, it was a fantastic time! 

Back to the Oasis class in 2020. 🙂

6 minutes ago, luvsunnydaiz said:

Does anyone happen to have the 3 day Navigator OTS Cruise Compasses? Thanks!

The first 3-night cruise that Navigator does out of Miami starts May 3.

On 4/25/2019 at 7:47 PM, atricks said:

On 4/26/2019 at 9:49 AM, cot427 said:

Was on the same cruise - agree with you. Fitness Center was super small/too cramped. The low ceiling was definitely still an issue. No free sauna/steam, that I saw. I don't even know where they would put it now. They definitely did this thinking about the 3/4 night cruises, with hopes that those people won't work out since they only have a few days on the ship.

Never went to JR once and didn't see many people at the counter, however El Loco Fresh is a hit! We were there every single day, pretty much. I'm so glad they incorporated a really decent grab and go food stand by the pool, finally!  I loved the pool deck, however mostly stayed on deck 12 at one of the cabanas. 

Only went to Playmakers a couple times, but was in The Bamboo Room every single day and night - definitely my favorite! Hooked was also delicious and quite honestly better than Chops this time. 

So we now have confirmation, as expected, that there are no free steam/sauna facilities on Navigator following the "amplification." Are there any locker rooms at all anymore for the fitness center? Thanks.

On 4/25/2019 at 12:14 PM, ken_nyc said:

Thank you, will need more plug ins so will have to take something.

Just FYI, I had a plain old two prong extension cord, no surge protector, in my carry on and they took it when I boarded.  They said no extension cords at all were allowed.  Had another in my checked bag and they didn't take that - I didn't end up needing it though.