Parking4cruises - still good?

Harry Peterson

Decided to switch from CPS to parking4cruises on the basis of previous recommendations - is everyone still happy with them?  Have to admit I've still got a few niggling concerns, but I'm encouraged by earlier posts.

This is what they say now:

"On the day of your cruise:

Head towards your cruise terminal

Drive to the short stay car park. We'll text you up to date terminal info on the morning.

Text us when you're 30 mins away

Just reply to the message we send. This is to let our Meet & Greet staff know to expect your arrival"

Does the texting system work in practice?  And presumably a similar system on return?  Different terminals out and back, but presumably they know, and take care of, that?

Anything else to be aware of which might be different from the CPS system?

36 minutes ago, docco said:

Decided to switch from CPS to parking4cruises on the basis of previous recommendations - is everyone still happy with them?  Have to admit I've still got a few niggling concerns, but I'm encouraged by earlier posts.

Drive to the short stay car park. We'll text you up to date terminal info on the morning.

Just reply to the message we send. This is to let our Meet & Greet staff know to expect your arrival"

Does the texting system work in practice?  And presumably a similar system on return?  Different terminals out and back, but presumably they know, and take care of, that?

Have you noticed a generous difference in cost ?  Just recently I looked into booking with 'Parking4cruises' ( having been satisfied  with CPS for years)  however, it appeared all I was going to save was £9 ?  ( on a 14 day stay) 

19 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

Have you noticed a generous difference in cost ?  Just recently I looked into booking with 'Parking4cruises' ( having been satisfied  with CPS for years)  however, it appeared all I was going to save was £9 ?  ( on a 14 day stay) 

As long as the OBC x 2 given by P&O exceeds the P4C, and the CPS price, then I will continue to use them. There is only a slight inconvenience in needing to drive to the short stay car park to hand over your car, but this is generally balanced by the extra wait until there is a CPS unloading slot , everything else is as good if not better than CPS.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, docco said:

I've used P4C over a dozen times, never any problems but unless there is a change of terminal and you're unsure of where to go the text system is not worth bothering with, just turn up at the port, pull into the 2nd or 3rd lane, grab a porter and drop off your bags and passengers. Drive to the short stay car park and leave your keys. They take pictures of your car and the millage and you walk back to the terminal. If disabled and they have 2 or more staff members they'll run you back to the terminal in your own car, which is very useful.

For our cruise in May with CPS they want £162 for 14nts where P4C want £120 for premium parking which includes early disembarkation and help with loading car on disembarkation which CPS dont do so would go for Standard which is £115 which includes vehicle spray down on disembarkation which again CPS dont offer so for me a saving of £47 is well worth it.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/17/2019 at 4:27 PM, majortom10 said:

For our cruise in May with CPS they want £162 for 14nts where P4C want £120 for premium parking which includes early disembarkation and help with loading car on disembarkation which CPS dont do so would go for Standard which is £115 which includes vehicle spray down on disembarkation which again CPS dont offer so for me a saving of £47 is well worth it.

We'd always used CPS, but when I too compared prices...same as you have quoted, it is a no brainer. 

As the OP, I did have some concerns about Parking4Cruises, but having now used them I'm entirely satisfied with the service.

It worked just as well as CPS, cost a lot less, and there was, as promised, less than 5 miles on the clock when we returned.

As an added bonus, if you book Standard or Premium there's no admin charge at all for cancellations.  CPS charge 10% (minimum charge £9.00) per booking.

12 hours ago, rumbalizw said:

We'd always used CPS, but when I too compared prices...same as you have quoted, it is a no brainer. 

It depends.

If you book a select fare as we normally do you get the choice of On Board Spend or free Car Parking (CPS) or free coach travel.

Now if you get offered minimal OBS say £30 it's a no brainier for us to take the free car parking instead of the OBS.

Dont get me wrong if we booked a saver fare or were offered lot's of OBC we would certainly consider Parking4Cruises.

CPS wanted £205 for our 19 day cruise. P4C is £113 (£108 with previous discount).  I don't bother with texts either.  Just arrive, drop other guests and baggage at terminal, drive over to short stay, check in with P4C, photographs taken of car.  Walk back to terminal, 3 minutes.

Just checked CPS for our October cruise,  £185.  P4C again is £108.

Edited by jeanlyon

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2019 at 11:27 AM, P-L-B said:

It depends.

If you book a select fare as we normally do you get the choice of On Board Spend or free Car Parking (CPS) or free coach travel.

Now if you get offered minimal OBS say £30 it's a no brainier for us to take the free car parking instead of the OBS.

Dont get me wrong if we booked a saver fare or were offered lot's of OBC we would certainly consider Parking4Cruises.

We got fab OBC, much more than the parking, hence our choice this time. Have had the free parking in the past or paid for CPS. Parking4 for us this time.