rncruiser

Adventure to Canada

I’m thinking of booking the 6 night cruise on Adventure from Bayonne to Canada leaving July 6th. Does anyone have an idea what kind of weather we can expect? Is it usually warm enough to use the pools throughout the cruise? 

I am used to Caribbean cruising and being able to spend sea days at the pool. I know it won’t be as warm as I am used to, which can be a good thing, I am just hoping that I can get some pool time in. 

As a Canadian from Ontario (but frequently travel to the East coast), the weather here is unpredictable, however July/Aug is our hottest months at around 28 C or in the low 80s. We are supposed to have an extremely hot summer. I see you are from NY. Our weather is basically the same. 

1 hour ago, ksmommy5 said:

As a Canadian from Ontario (but frequently travel to the East coast), the weather here is unpredictable, however July/Aug is our hottest months at around 28 C or in the low 80s. We are supposed to have an extremely hot summer. I see you are from NY. Our weather is basically the same. 

I am in Halifax and July is usually in the low 20's, not nearly as humid as NY or Ontario. (I spent many summers in Ottawa where the humidity can be oppressive). Having said that, last summer was hotter than usual and there can be rainy spells any time. You should be fine in the pools. Some unsolicited advice. Halifax is a lot more interesting than Peggy's Cove, the darling of the shore excursion people and it is very walkable, though hilly. 

1 minute ago, Maplemoose said:

Halifax is a lot more interesting than Peggy's Cove, the darling of the shore excursion people and it is very walkable, though hilly. 

Agree. I have visited Peggy's Cove, but it was when I was in Nova Scotia for a week, had a car, and was relatively nearby.

1 minute ago, Maplemoose said:

I am in Halifax and July is usually in the low 20's

Don't take fright, rncruiser. That's Celsius.

For our American friends the temperatures being quoted (low 20’s) is Celsius. No need to panic and bring a parka and balaclava. :classic_ninja:

1 hour ago, rncruiser said:

I’m thinking of booking the 6 night cruise on Adventure from Bayonne to Canada leaving July 6th. Does anyone have an idea what kind of weather we can expect? Is it usually warm enough to use the pools throughout the cruise? 

I am used to Caribbean cruising and being able to spend sea days at the pool. I know it won’t be as warm as I am used to, which can be a good thing, I am just hoping that I can get some pool time in. 

You should have no problems.  I cruised on the 9 niter in early September and the entire 9 days I was in shorts & short sleeves.  I also, would recommend a sweat shirt just in case as it happened to us on our Allure cruise a couple of years ago and Nassau was rainy and the temp was no higher than low 50s  

Also, the Anthem has an indoor pool.

Edited by nelblu

Thank you to all the Canadians who replied. You put my mind at ease that I will not be leaving summer behind. Now all I need is for DH to get time off from work so that I can book.