RCL Maya Key excursion was the BEST!!

KimPossible1

We enjoyed this excursion so much!!!!  It was the best of the cruise.  The boat ride is less than 10 minutes just across the harbor from the ship to a private island.  The island has lots of animals to look at, including monkeys, a jaguar, a cougar, sea lions, parrots and a few others.  You can walk around the whole island and look at the harbor.  There are planes that fly over maybe once an hour and land a little way down the coast.  I remember some people complaining about the noise but they were very few and far between and I think it's fun to see planes up close.  The snorkeling attendants are some of the nicest people we have ever met.  They made sure everyone felt safe and helped anyone that needed it.  There was a person with a first aid kit at the end of the dock just in case anyone had a scrape, he would clean it up and put on antibiotic creme right away.  I was very impressed!!! There are replicas of mayan ruins at the top of the island and had museums inside the building.  The lunch was served next to a pool and was the best lunch of all the excursions.  There was fresh salad, chicken, fish and rice and beans.  You could have water or iced tea.  We were one of the first groups there that morning so were lucky with chairs, but even though it was crowded at the end of day, it never felt too crowded.  You could return to the ship anytime you wanted up till a certain time.  They had a nice building with lockers, a bathroom and changing room.  There was also a large store.  You could get wifi for an hour or the whole day for $10.  The only problem I could see for some people with mobility issues as the island is very hilly.  There are ramps most places rather than stairs but they were very steep hills.  My app said I did 38 flights that day!  I would do this excursion again.