Test

cruiseguy1016

We just got off the 6 night Western Caribbean cruise on Adventure of the Seas with stops in Grand Cayman, Costa Maya and Cozumel. I started a thread when I got on offering to answer questions if I could regarding the ship. I answered those as best as I could and now I want to post a short review of our experience.

Embarkation: We like to get on the ship early so that we can start to enjoy our vacation. We arrived at the port at 11:15 and there were still passengers disembarking from the previous cruise! I don’t know what the delay was but it had me concerned as we had an early flight scheduled after our return. After a bunch of research on Cruise Critic I felt safe booking flights for 9:47 AM. With self-assist debarkation and if there were no problems with customs, I knew we could be at the airport with plenty of time to spare. Today’s debarkation time raised my concern a little.

We dropped of our luggage and checked in. There were about 200 or so people already waiting to board. Boarding started about 12:15 and we were on the ship at 12:30. Our stateroom was 7688 which is the corner aft on the port side. The balcony for this cabin is HUGE! We have had corner aft cabins on various decks on various ships but this balcony was, by far, the biggest we have ever had. It had 2 loungers, 2 chairs, a low table and a high table. I’m not sure these pictures will show it’s true size. Our only complaint about the balcony was that it had a "roof" over it. It was completely covered. There were not many times when the sun shone on the balcony.

IMG_1069.JPG

IMG_1067.JPG

Edited by cruiseguy1016