Report on March 2 Southeast Asia Cruise on the Millie – VERY LONG

Suskies

Photos: Elevator & signage

We were really impressed with the signage--made it easy to find one's cabin (though I wish ships would carpet the port and starboard hallways in contrasting colors).

I have not posted photos of the ports but can do so later if anyone's interested--I figured you'd all be more interested in the ship.

2019-03-02 12.55.16 SIGNAGE.jpg

2019-03-02 12.55.58 SIGNAGE.jpg

2019-03-02 12.56.08 SIGNAGE.jpg

2019-03-02 12.56.19 ELEVATOR.jpg

2019-03-02 12.57.29 SIGNAGE.jpg

2019-03-05 07.34.40.jpg

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Anything you would do different, now that you have this cruise under your belt?

So far, we can't think of anything! It really was a great cruise. We were glad we paced ourselves and didn't try to see everything.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Suskies said:

I have not posted photos of the ports but can do so later if anyone's interested--I figured you'd all be more interested in the ship.

Thanks for the wonderful photos of Millie sporting her new look🙂 We’re booked on a future b2b on her, in a Veranda cabin, so I’m especially grateful for your impressions of your cabin. I would love to see your favorite photos of the ports when you have time. I hope you have smooth travels home....

Your review was amazing.   We are doing this same cruise in December and just booked most of our tours this weekend.   We did almost the exact same things you did in terms of hiring private guides, even booking Celebrity's Halong Bay Cruise!     Thanks so much for taking the time to post such detailed information.

Edited by nps001

thank you for your very detailed review and photos.... we are on Millennium March 2021 Hong Kong to Tokyo 14 nights.

I've been watching the Millennium revolution thread and was worried because some posters on that thread were 'nit-picking' saying they don't like the look of this or that and being really critical / negative about the 'make-over' Millennuim has had, but it was good to read your honest review.

1 hour ago, Suskies said:

Photos: Elevator & signage

We were really impressed with the signage--made it easy to find one's cabin (though I wish ships would carpet the port and starboard hallways in contrasting colors).

The photos of the ship are stunning and people are interested in seeing on she looks.  But, when you have time later, I would very much appreciate seeing port pictures. Photos from your itinerary are less common than, say Alaska which Millennium will do later this year.

David

I so enjoyed reading about your adventure. I appreciated all the detail. Your writing is easy to follow and easy to picture. Thank you for the time and effort. And thank you for sharing the photos of the updated Millennium. I would also love to see your port photos. 

1 hour ago, Silkroad said:

Thanks for the wonderful photos of Millie sporting her new look🙂 We’re booked on a future b2b on her, in a Veranda cabin, so I’m especially grateful for your impressions of your cabin. I would love to see your favorite photos of the ports when you have time. I hope you have smooth travels home....

Thanks for your kind words! DH took most of the port photos, and he won't be able to upload them to the cloud until we get home. So it will be a few days but I'll definitely post them.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Muffinz said:

thank you for your very detailed review and photos.... we are on Millennium March 2021 Hong Kong to Tokyo 14 nights.

I've been watching the Millennium revolution thread and was worried because some posters on that thread were 'nit-picking' saying they don't like the look of this or that and being really critical / negative about the 'make-over' Millennuim has had, but it was good to read your honest review.

Yes, I think a good rule of thumb is, "Is this feature going to ruin my cruise?" For us, the answer was consistently "No." I wouldn't have designed things the way Celebrity did, but I've never stayed at a hotel designed exactly to my taste either, and I've been perfectly comfortable nonetheless. I wish the cabin phones had been replaced with wall phones to give us some extra space on the nightstand--but there's plenty of space in the drawer and shelf underneath.  I'm not a fan of "greige" (gray-beige), but it's very trendy right now with millennials--DD just redid her house in the exact same colors as the Millie. I think the light blue upholstered chairs in the Oceanview Cafe will soon look grimy (I already saw a stain on one) and the colors overall are so trendy that they'll look dated in a few years. But it is very bright and pleasant and we really enjoyed every space on the ship.

• Like 2

Excellent review....thanks for sharing your experiences. 

Ship looks brighter and fresh but already dated in style..esp after sailing in EDGE.

When we cruise on Summit, we will miss the couch.

Loved reading your review!

Seeing the pictures of the cabin is getting me used to what the new Celebrity looks like.  It's fine with me,
I tend to agree that the color scheme has already passed it's popularity fad phase.

Whether the colors tend to show dirt and stains well that dirt and wear is there no matter what color the item is.

Again, thank you for the very enjoyable review.