Embassy Suites - Hours for manager's reception.

RocketMan275

1 hour ago, SteerageJoe said:

Embassy-Suites-Evening-Reception-1.jpg

Note the items on the table are in duplicate - meaning two of everything! There appears to be more choices!

Embassy-Suites-Evening-Reception-Snacks. 

Thanks for the pictures...I thought the hours were 5:30-7:30- most (but not all) Embassy Suites use these hours for their Manager's Receptions, but couldn't prove it. That is why I suggested calling the hotel for the best source of info.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

You could have called the hotel and asked.

Probably should have.  Reason I asked, just had a flight time change.  Won't be arriving FLL until 1730.  Taxi, check-in, etc., doubt we'll make the reception.

7 hours ago, SteerageJoe said:

Embassy-Suites-Evening-Reception-1.jpg

Note the items on the table are in duplicate - meaning two of everything! There appears to be more choices!

Embassy-Suites-Evening-Reception-Snacks. 

anything 'hot' on that spread - hard to tell what's in a couple of those ? - we're staying 2 nights in May pre-cruise

44 minutes ago, voljeep said:

anything 'hot' on that spread - hard to tell what's in a couple of those ? - we're staying 2 nights in May pre-cruise

Probably not... I've never seen hot items, except maybe house made tortilla or pita chips, and popcorn, at any manager's reception at any ES I've stayed in....Looks like crackers, pretzels, chips, veggies and dip.

Actually, now that I think about it, the ES by Newark airport MAY have had like mac & cheese one time.....

You should make it on time, it's only 15 minutes or so from FLL to the hotel depending on traffic.....

1 minute ago, megr1125 said:

You should make it on time, it's only 15 minutes or so from FLL to the hotel depending on traffic.....

Assuming flight is on time, etc.  The flight was scheduled to arrive 1700.  My best hope is they change back to the original time.

We were planning to spend some time at the reception and then have dinner in the hotel.  Last time we walked to Kelley's, huge line, ordered take out and carried back to the hotel.  Wanted to avoid that this time.

1 hour ago, RocketMan275 said:

Assuming flight is on time, etc.  The flight was scheduled to arrive 1700.  My best hope is they change back to the original time.

We were planning to spend some time at the reception and then have dinner in the hotel.  Last time we walked to Kelley's, huge line, ordered take out and carried back to the hotel.  Wanted to avoid that this time.

Just changed the flights.  Arriving 1630 now and saved $150.

• Like 1

Is this the Miami or FLL Embassy Suites?
We just were at the Embassy Suites in Boca for my ds's college baseball tournaments and thought the hotel was nice enough if I had to do one night pre cruise in FLL or Miami.  When I looked up Miami's Embassy Suites, it doesn't get as good reviews as FLL.

Has anyone on this thread stayed in the one in Miami for one night?

Thank you.

2 hours ago, js said:

We just were at the Embassy Suites in Boca for my ds's college baseball tournaments and thought the hotel was nice enough if I had to do one night pre cruise in FLL or Miami.  When I looked up Miami's Embassy Suites, it doesn't get as good reviews as FLL.

Thank you.

This is Ft Lauderdale ES.

On 3/20/2019 at 2:43 PM, js said:

Thank you.

The one near MIA has been reported to be one of the least desirable ES on the East coast.  

• Like 1

We have stayed in numerous ES properties.  On business and for pleasure.  We have stayed at the FLL ES.

In our opinion, the ES in FLL was by far the poorest.  In terms of very dark, dated rooms, and elevators.  The breakfast was standard for ES, the Managers reception in FLL that we attended for a little while was the poorest we have experienced.  We left after 15 minutes.   Just our experience and opinion.

Edited by iancal
  • Like 2