Prepaying for Cheers program ?

maryhou

Just hopped online to order cheers package.  It won't let me just order and pay when we get onboard, is this normal?  I've bought it in the past and paid with my S&S card I thought.  I have one aarp gift card and just ordered another today to cover it...... it will be here hopefully before we leave on 3/28.  I was planning to use those to pay so I called Carnival and he said it's prepay only.  hmmmmmmm

Edited by maryhou

I am pretty sure we ordered at home for the discount and still had to go to the Lido Deck and get our cards. They had a Cheers sign up in the lobby but it was packed. They had all our info in the computer

Whether you booked through a TA or a Carnival PVP, give them your discounted card information and prepay it that way.  I prepaid using cards for my August of 2018 as well as my August of 2019 cruises back before the last price increase in Cheers at the end of 2017.

To get it before the cruise and save around $6 or $7 per person per day, you have to pay for it when you pre-purchase it. You can buy it on the ship at any bar and it will be charged to your S&S account.

From Carnival:

• The cost to pre-purchase CHEERS! prior to your cruise is $51.95 USD per person, per day plus 18% gratuity. CHEERS! can be purchased online at www.carnival.com/Funshops or by contacting 'The Fun Shops' Department at 800 522-7648, Monday through Sunday, 8:00am-10:00pm ET. Cut-off for pre-purchase is at 10:00pm ET, the evening prior to the cruise departure.
  • Once on board your ship, you can sign up for CHEERS! at a bar location and the cost is $56.95 USD per person, per day plus 18% gratuity.  
  • Currently, we are not able to process the Carnival Gift Card for Fun Shop orders by telephone. If you wish to purchase CHEERS! with a Carnival Gift Card, you may do so online at www.carnival.com/Funshops.

12 hours ago, schazzy said:

To get it before the cruise and save around $6 or $7 per person per day, you have to pay for it when you pre-purchase it. You can buy it on the ship at any bar and it will be charged to your S&S account.

From Carnival:

• The cost to pre-purchase CHEERS! prior to your cruise is $51.95 USD per person, per day plus 18% gratuity. CHEERS! can be purchased online at www.carnival.com/Funshops or by contacting 'The Fun Shops' Department at 800 522-7648, Monday through Sunday, 8:00am-10:00pm ET. Cut-off for pre-purchase is at 10:00pm ET, the evening prior to the cruise departure.
  • Once on board your ship, you can sign up for CHEERS! at a bar location and the cost is $56.95 USD per person, per day plus 18% gratuity.  
  • Currently, we are not able to process the Carnival Gift Card for Fun Shop orders by telephone. If you wish to purchase CHEERS! with a Carnival Gift Card, you may do so online at www.carnival.com/Funshops.

Glad you posted this saved me a phone call with my gift cards.  I guess they don't have time to enter the numbers and the pin associated so you have to do it yourself.

16 hours ago, JaxsMama said:

You pay when you order. If you wait until you get onboard you will pay the higher price. Hopefully your card gets here soon!

you get your Cheers card after you board, you can pre pay for the discount

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jnew2176 said:

As far as the DotD you get the alcohol for free but pay for the cup correct?

After you buy the cup will they refill that for you?

DW enjoys the different drinks!

Nope.  Any drink served in a special glass/container is not covered by Cheers - it would be an extra charge, the whole drink price.

If you want the DotD served in a regular glass (regular serving size), Cheers covers it.

21 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Nope.  Any drink served in a special glass/container is not covered by Cheers - it would be an extra charge, the whole drink price.

If you want the DotD served in a regular glass (regular serving size), Cheers covers it.

Forgot to mention, but I see it was mentioned elsewhere - if you want the DotD souvenir glass/container, I believe you can buy it separately, sans alcoholic drink, for a lower price than the DotD would be if served in it.  Someone else posted $6, IIRC.