Did Any Other Aussies Receive This

2 hours ago, Jandex said:

Yes I received this today. This week is the new deployment season, and rumours have been flying about an Oasis class ship heading to Aus 20/21. 

I received this also. any idea which ship?. The opening of the new Brisbane Terminal would fit in with this time frame and RCI's hype😎

2 hours ago, Jandex said:

Yes I received this today. This week is the new deployment season, and rumours have been flying about an Oasis class ship heading to Aus 20/21. 

Whilst that would be MASSIVE News I doubt it would be the deployment of an Oasis Class Ship.  I don't think any ports in Australia/NZ would be big enough to handle a ship of that size.

After reading it again I think they might be deploying Adventure of the Seas to Aust/NZ.  If I'm right I think that ship was recently refurbished?

3 hours ago, Jandex said:

Not going to happen. All Oasis class ships have already been deployed for the 2020-2021 season.

41 minutes ago, MikeC1610 said:

Whilst that would be MASSIVE News I doubt it would be the deployment of an Oasis Class Ship.  I don't think any ports in Australia/NZ would be big enough to handle a ship of that size.

After reading it again I think they might be deploying Adventure of the Seas to Aust/NZ.  If I'm right I think that ship was recently refurbished?

RC just announced that Adventure is going to Galveston, Texas.

39 minutes ago, MikeC1610 said:

She already has been deployed for the 2020-2021 season. Leaving only Oddyssey which is going to the US and Serenade, Ovation, Voyager and Radiance .  However, Maybe Quantum or spectrum is leaving Asia. I Think all we know for sure is that Brisbane will have a RCI Ship in 2020-2021

I'm just hoping it's new ports in the South Pacific or a few longer itineraries thrown in so we can shake things up a bit without having to fly home from somewhere.

New ships are great, but when they keep going to the same places nearly every cruise (even less than before - whatever happened to Champagne Bay, Luganville? How about adding Tonga, Samoa, Tahiti on cruises other than just repos) it get a bit like groundhog day. Noumea again - great (not) - all you Aussies reading this know what I mean. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, avalon007 said:

I'm just hoping it's new ports in the South Pacific or a few longer itineraries thrown in so we can shake things up a bit without having to fly home from somewhere.

New ships are great, but when they keep going to the same places nearly every cruise (even less than before - whatever happened to Champagne Bay, Luganville? How about adding Tonga, Samoa, Tahiti on cruises other than just repos) it get a bit like groundhog day. Noumea again - great (not) - all you Aussies reading this know what I mean. 

That could be it too. RCI recently announced they planned to open a private island in the Asia-Pacific Region.

Just got mine as well.  Strange that it is something just ahead of the AUS/NZ deployment.

Maybe a year round deployment to compete with P&O, Princess & Carnival.  Any chance Radiance could be getting a facelift or a completely new ship?

Well they are promising two 'big' things in their email advert - a 'big adventure' & a 'big debut', so debut has to be a first for something unless they don't know the meaning of the word - but then again their idea of big may not be ours - it could be something as uneventful as a real replacement for the noodle house debuting on Ovation! LOL

Big adventure - may just be some of the new shore excursions they have added to NZ etc? 

Not often that their marketing lives up to the promise for me. But I'm ever hopeful! 😄

28 minutes ago, tomatosauce said:

Voyager is due for refurbishment later this year and the photo is either Voyager or Freedom class so perhaps it is referring to the same things that were added to the Mariner.

Didn't Navigator (which is the same class) also get amplified recently or is about to, so maybe it is just the Voyager upgrade.

16 hours ago, soak01 said:

Didn't Navigator (which is the same class) also get amplified recently or is about to, so maybe it is just the Voyager upgrade.

Hopefully something about Voyager - we are booked on her March 2020

they should have all of the bugs out by then...😎