Barcelona to Venice. What line and how much. First timer.

MMTGwinter

Hello .

Next year it will be 20 years anniversary for us.

We never been to cruises. So to celebrate we would like to take 12 days cruise around Europe starting in Barcelona ending in Venice.

But than more l read and look around, l get more and more confused. Its all starting to look way to complicated and overwhelming .

Could you guys give me some advice. On what line we should choose and what approximately it will cost.

I don't want to go on super "budget" line and same time not the 40k one. 

2 adults,2 kids 13/10, room with the balcony,we would do most of the excursions ,not big drinkers, around August/September.

Thanks in advance.

Med cruises are about the ports and activities in the ports. The ship/cruise line is secondary. As this is your first cruise, do some research for us, and narrow down this horribly broad (many, if not most cruise lines do the Venice-Barcelona route, or vice versa) question down, looking at your budget, time you can go, and other considerations. Then ask again with some specifics.

What it costs will depend on a number variables. Level of cabin, level of cruise line. 4 people, where allowed, will need to be in a larger cabin, so your cost goes up. Or you may need to book two cabins, and do some dancing ( booking one parent in one cabin, one in the other, then switching once on board) to make it work.

You should probably contact a travel agency, who can help you with the research.

I am currently booked on the May, 3, 2020 NCL Barcelona to Venice 12 day sailing.  It is a great itinerary, with more stops in Greece than many cruises.  My balcony room was booked at a little less than $3500 pp.  That excludes taxes and port fees, as well as gratuity on the specialty dining and beverage perks.  All together, about $7700 for 2.  I think the price has gone up a bit now.  Not sure if they have cheaper sail-away rates (no perks) on balconies.  

We're booked on 12 night round trip out of Barcelona Med/Greece in a junior suite for this May RCI Vision...Cost for the two of us around $5500 inc. tax/fee....booked very early with some discounts.

Edited by Ashland

• 1 month later...

So your cruise will likely be a "back-to-back"--2 cruises on the same ship, stopping in Rome to let off the first passengers and board the next ones on the same day. You won't have to change staterooms. Usually they will overnight in Venice before you disemebark, giving you 2 "free" nights in Venice. We like to go to Barcelona a few days early, to fit in what fun we can before boarding--there is so much to do!  You'll have to look at some cruise line websites to get current pricing on their cruises for your itinerary. They all have various deals too, depending on when you go.