Skagway Railway and Suspension Bridge

Getts

Does anyone know of an excursion in Skagway that has the railway and suspension bridge?  Princess includes either two hours at Jewell Gardens or gold panning at Liarsville.  We are not interested in either.

Thanks

Your best choice is to rent a car and drive into the Yukon Territory.  You can then see all of the sights and stop where you want to.  Check out Murray's Guide to the South Yukon Highway before you book anything.

On 3/20/2019 at 12:52 PM, Crew News said:

Every bus ride heading to the Yukon from Skagway will stop for a view of the suspension bridge.  Note that the bridge span a fault line and so is attached to only one side.

image.png.07b62b718c02144be688905e650b52ec.png

That can't be good?

29 minutes ago, Crew News said:

ll

You are probably correct.  In all of my visits to Alaska, I have not seen this bridge.

You wouldn't unless you were specifically going there. It's the Yukon Suspension Bridge and it's part of some of the excursions. I don't think it can be seen from the road, definitely not from the train. 

On 3/23/2019 at 1:23 AM, idahospud said:

I think maybe the question is about this suspension bridge.

P1020893.JPG

Funny story I remembered when I saw your screen name. On a family trip  heading back to California from North Dakota ,when I was a teenager we were driving thru Idaho and a truck had lost part of it’s load. My dad got out of the car and they were boxes of Idaho Spud candy bars. A favorite of mine for many years.

On 3/24/2019 at 11:19 AM, realnice46 said:

Funny story I remembered when I saw your screen name. On a family trip  heading back to California from North Dakota ,when I was a teenager we were driving thru Idaho and a truck had lost part of it’s load. My dad got out of the car and they were boxes of Idaho Spud candy bars. A favorite of mine for many years.

They still make those Idaho Spud candy bars today.

On 3/23/2019 at 11:13 AM, idahospud said:

You wouldn't unless you were specifically going there. It's the Yukon Suspension Bridge and it's part of some of the excursions. I don't think it can be seen from the road, definitely not from the train. 

It's not even  in the Yukon.  It is in British Columbia. You couldn't pay me to walk on that thing. 😮

13 minutes ago, BEENSAILING said:

I have reserved the train and suspension bridge excursion in Skagway when I am on the Ovation of the Seas in August. 

Have fun! We are visiting the Capilano Suspension Bridge in Vancouver after our cruise on Celebrity Eclipse in May. 

7 hours ago, PittsburghNative said:

The location of the bridge is in the name. It’s in the Yukon.

http://www.yukonsuspensionbridge.com/

The name is a lie.  It is in British Columbia.  Look it up on Google Maps.

From Wikipedia: "The Yukon Suspension Bridge is a pedestrian cable suspension bridge located on mile 46.5 on the South Klondike Highway in Northern British Columbia, Canada."

36 minutes ago, sherryf said:

The name is a lie.  It is in British Columbia.  Look it up on Google Maps.

From Wikipedia: "The Yukon Suspension Bridge is a pedestrian cable suspension bridge located on mile 46.5 on the South Klondike Highway in Northern British Columbia, Canada."

Canada or Yukon.....gonna have fun no matter 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2019 at 8:33 PM, Eaglecw said:

Over the years we watched them build the suspension bridge to no where. We stopped once and I have to say, it's pretty lame, Overpriced tourist trap. Sorry just being truthful.

Tourist trap it may be, but I don't have many chances where I live to walk over a river gouge like that!

If you have a copy of Murray's Guide to the south Yukon Highway, you get a discount, and he has one of the better guides to that highway.  I am going to do a Facebook Live event with him the last Monday of April.  

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, PittsburghNative said:

It looks super cool and is in a beautiful setting but I must admit I’m nervous to try it out.

full disclosure:  I was in my 30s when I crossed that bridge...I remember it being sort of shaky and looking down gave me a hollow feeling in the pit of my stomach....still I felt confident crossing it...fast forward and now I'm in my 50s--not quite as mobile and steady as I was; also a lot less confident in such things...Now I think I'd be a lot more reluctant to give it a try