Koningsdam in the Caribbean

Copper10-8

Forgot I had some more shots in the camera. These are from Tuesday, 26 March, a "walkabout" on K-dam's Promenade Deck incl. the little motorized deck scrubber for the API/faux teak, and the "poop box" for the K-9s (whom we, btw, never saw)

No photo description available.

Image may contain: indoor

Image may contain: 2 people

Image may contain: ocean, cloud, sky, water, outdoor and nature

• Like 1

The show by the One Step Dance Company on the last night (Tue) of this voyage was "Stages." the

story of the "three couples" and another really good one by Becca and her colleagues; incredibledancing, as well as getting in their roles with facial expressions

Image may contain: night

Image may contain: 1 person, on stage and shoes

Image may contain: 1 person, indoor

Image may contain: 1 person, sitting, shoes, indoor and outdoor

Image may contain: Becca Dorman, on stage and indoor

Image may contain: one or more people

Image may contain: one or more people and shoes

• Like 1

Disembark Day; never a good thing to do it via Broward County Fire/Sheriff rescue ambulance 1f641.png?_nc_eui2=AeFAPQ66JHvVTsfyHwl5W😞 The Port Everglades harbor master control tower, and Princess Cruises' Crown Princess, also back in her winter home port

Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor

Image may contain: sky, outdoor and water

Image may contain: water

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

K-dam's bridge; starting to look like the Starship Enterprise with adjustable seats! Nice!

Image may contain: people sitting, screen, table and indoor

Image may contain: people sitting and indoor

Do you know the single most important feature on the bridge? 

The coffee cupholder 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Despegue said:

Do you know the single most important feature on the bridge? 

The coffee cupholder 🤪

Even more important; the coffee machine in the little galley, behind the bridge

• Like 5

Just discovered your review now since cruising when you were and then did not see it. Appreciate knowing about the FLL taxi scams. As a solo traveler now, I will have to figure something out when I am there. Any advice for a solo old lady?

Also many thanks for showing us the Konigsdam. Had not considered sailing on her due to size but perhaps Alaska next summer.

Edited by SJSULIBRARIAN

2 hours ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

Just discovered your review now since cruising when you were and then did not see it. Appreciate knowing about the FLL taxi scams. As a solo traveler now, I will have to figure something out when I am there. Any advice for a solo old lady?

Also many thanks for showing us the Konigsdam. Had not considered sailing on her due to size but perhaps Alaska next summer.

Thank you Ma'am! Still remember our interaction in Sitka, AK a few years ago :classic_smile: Advise would be to make sure the taxi driver agrees to take you where you want to go, and to ensure he has a functional meter that's facing you as the passenger in the back. Sometimes, you just have to be firm with those guys. Wouldn't hurt to either take a pic of the cab's number (they all have one apart from the large phone number on the doors - #474 on the one below, and/or write it down

Image result for Ft. Lauderdale taxis

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, esimon said:

i would never skip the main dr - but the pics are great - traveling on her next Feb

We skipped the MDR because they put us in Club Orange which turned out to be a positive experience

Very much enjoyed following along and seeing all your wonderful pics!  😃 We enjoy the Pinnacle Class Ships and the addition of Rolling Stone Rock Room was a great plus to the Music Venues.  Looking forward to our NS TA in the Fall.

Love the pic with your Pup!  I have two rescue GSD's of my own.  😍

• Thanks 1

On 4/4/2019 at 1:54 AM, Copper10-8 said:

Forgot I had some more shots in the camera. These are from Tuesday, 26 March, a "walkabout" on K-dam's Promenade Deck incl. the little motorized deck scrubber for the API/faux teak, and the "poop box" for the K-9s (whom we, btw, never saw)

Are there security K9s? ( I imagine they would be more detection than patrol.) If so you've just made the HAL 1000x more attractive! One of my favorite professional perks is having the K9 classes use my office for training exercises of the non-poo box variety. 

2 minutes ago, JennVT said:

Are there security K9s? ( I imagine they would be more detection than patrol.) If so you've just made the HAL 1000x more attractive! One of my favorite professional perks is having the K9 classes use my office for training exercises of the non-poo box variety. 

Hi Jenn; nope, this is a "convenience" spot for service animals on board with their passenger handlers. Detection K-9s are usually contracted to screen inbound cargo (at times, luggage) at ports. You might also encounter K-9's that belong to national organizations (police, customs, agricultural inspections, military, etc.) in ports like Cabo San Lucas and Costa Maya, Mexico, Callao, Peru, Tanjong Priok, Indonesia, etc, that are used for screening purposes. There are no detection K-9s actually on board on HAL ships

1 minute ago, Copper10-8 said:

Hi Jenn; nope, this is a "convenience" spot for service animals on board with their passenger handlers. Detection K-9s are usually contracted to screen inbound cargo (at times, luggage) at ports. You might also encounter K-9's that belong to national organizations (police, customs, agricultural inspections, military, etc.) in ports like Cabo San Lucas and Costa Maya, Mexico, Callao, Peru, Tanjong Priok, Indonesia, etc, that are used for screening purposes. There are no detection K-9s actually on board on HAL ships

Ah well a girl can dream right? At least I can admire the working doggos in some of the ports from a respectful distance. One of my favorite trip photos is a selfie I took with a police horse in NOLA. DH just shakes his head. LOL

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

The show by the One Step Dance Company on the last night (Tue) of this voyage was "Stages." the

story of the "three couples" and another really good one by Becca and her colleagues; incredibledancing, as well as getting in their roles with facial expressions

On CC, I have posted very negative impressions of mine of this One Step Dance Company's presentations in The World Stage during my two weeks on Nieuw Statendam.  I saw no performance such what you saw.  I have to wonder why?  I would have thought on the 6th cruise of NS, the Entertainment Department would have wanted to put "their best foot forward".

29 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

On CC, I have posted very negative impressions of mine of this One Step Dance Company's presentations in The World Stage during my two weeks on Nieuw Statendam.  I saw no performance such what you saw.  I have to wonder why?  I would have thought on the 6th cruise of NS, the Entertainment Department would have wanted to put "their best foot forward".

Two different ships, two different casts............................

6 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

.......Two different outlooks. Two different experiences.

Edited by Dismomx5
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

OK, I accept that premise.  But, as a first time guest on a Pinnacle Class ship, the much touted World Stage's technical capability used on my NS cruise was a very great disappointment.

24 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

OK, I accept that premise.  But, as a first time guest on a Pinnacle Class ship, the much touted World Stage's technical capability used on my NS cruise was a very great disappointment.

I hear ya, and it shouldn't have been after sticking all that $$$$$ in those two, soon to be three, Main Stages on those ships. Ours worked, but guess what? Rumor has it that, Mr. Bill Prince, in his infinite wisdom,  has already decided that on those three ships, cast production shows will also be a thing of the past! Go figure out that one 😌

• 1 month later...