Carnival Gift Cards

nb1005

A few years ago I was able to snag some carnival gift cards from the Verizon rewards program at 10% off, which was great.  However, Verizon no longer offers this option.  Do any of you seasoned cruisers know where to purchase discounted carnival gift cards?

Thanks so much

Check this thread out-have almost paid my june cruise off with these! Helpful members post codes for points as well. I signed up before all the changes so hope the advice still works.

ETA-I am not an allstate member

Edited by monykalyn

Just now, monykalyn said:

Check this thread out-have almost paid my june cruise off with these! Helpful members post codes for points as well. I signed up before all the changes so hope the advice still works.

I tried to sign up a few weeks ago and it didn’t let me unfortunately 

AARP Rewards for Good (you do not need to meet an age requirement, nor do you have to be an AARP member).  

Allstate Drivewise (you do not have to be an Allstate customer).

Both offer physical gift cards at 10% off.

• Like 1

You don't have to be a member of AARP to get the discounted Carnival cards. You just have to create a free account with their Rewards for Good program (you can google that). You should earn some initial points for signing up. Then you can subscribe to email newsletters. Some of them will contain promo codes that you enter on the Rewards for Good site for points (150 points each). In addition, you can complete quizzes on the site that will earn you more points. It varies, but it's usually a few hundred points per quiz, give or take. You can then cash those points in for 10% off the gift cards. 1,000 points for every $100 gift card and 5,000 points for every $500 gift card. Making them $90 and $450, respectively. Most gift cards in stock lately have been physical cards that are mailed to you (and you have to pay S&H, I think .59 each). If you buy less than $500 worth of cards in a single order, they'll come through USPS. If you buy $500 or more, they'll arrive UPS and require a signature. They also sole e-cards (came via email), but I haven't seen those for a while. If you're an actual AARP member (again, not required for this) you'll get more points for each quiz you complete. Incidentally, you don't have to be 50 & up to be a member anymore. I'm 43 and became a member at 42. Our first year's membership paid for itself many times over with the money we saved on a rental car and hotels. Hoping for the same for our cruise next year. There are several AARP threads on this forum. The one that has the most points and has been going the longest is kind of the main one, but I haven't seen it come to the top for a long time.

Then there's Allstate. Someone already included the link to that thread. Non-Allstate customers can join their Rewards program, but I'm not sure how you sign up anymore. They used to have a stand-alone smartphone app called Drivewise and non-customers had to sign up for Rewards through that. Now they just have their main Allstate app. Google Allstate Rewards and look for info on how to sign up as a non-customer. I think they make it more difficult without being a customer. To earn points through them, you use promo codes sent via email. Most codes are worth 1,000 points, sometimes 2,000. You can also use the Drivewise feature in their app to track your driving. You're awarded points for doing things like not going over a certain speed and not braking hard over a period of time. The purchasing system is the same as AARP. Right now they have physical cards for non-customers. There's been some speculation that they've changed their policy and reserve the e-cards for customers only. People in the Allstate thread who are customers have reported that e-cards are available to them, while us non-customers don't see them.

The U.S. Travel Association puts on an online event every spring called Daily Getaways. They partner with several different companies to offer different discounts. Two years ago, they partnered with Carnival and sold gift cards for 15% off. Each sale for each company only lasts one day, but if I remember correctly, the Carnival cards sold out within hours. They didn't offer Carnival cards last year, but still list Carnival as a partner. So we'll have to wait and see if they offer them this year. That will be in May.

Last but not least, last year a company called PayPal Digital Gifts (owned by PayPal) sold 15% off Carnival gift cards on eBay. It was a limit of 3 per person and you had to pay via a PayPal account. Each time was a limited number of cards, but they ran it a couple different times. If that comes up again this year, you'll see a thread pop up here on the forum. If I remember right, last year it was in the early spring.

Edited by Organized Chaos
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Jared100 said:

I’m too young for this but many savy cruisers will tell you AARP.

also Allstate 

also Amex does $100 off $500 twice a year 

As others have mentioned in the thread, you do not have to be an AARP member to get the gift cards. You also do not have to have Allstate to get their gift cards. I am far from AARP age and I would never have Allstate as my insurance. I'll certainly take their gift cards though!

There is also citi easy deals.  If you have a Citibank credit card that gives you acccess to citi easy deals, they always seem to have the carnival cards available for 10% off.  You have to use the card periodically so that you “earn” points, but over the years I’ve accrued enough that I don’t need to worry, 

• Like 1

The way to sign up for Allstate is used your  phone or iPad  to download the Allstate mobile app.  Their app has the drivewise built in that earns you the points for the rewards like the carnival gift cards. Once your signed up through the moble app on your phone then you can log into Allstate’s drivewise rewards website on a computer and earn more points and shop using your points for thing like carnival gift cards.   BUT,  I stopped using Allstate because the last 2 times I ordered carnival gift cards from them it took forever to receive them and MANY phone calls to find out why and when they are going to ship. I kept getting the run around from their on their way to you never order any from us to they were already delivered.  After the last order taking nearly 6 weeks to get I stopped using them.  I order from AARP only now and have always gotten them within the week and never have had an issue with them.

I place an order of $1000 to $2500 and get told by Allstate rewards site you already got them there’s nothing we can do about it I get brain damage and then my mouth and attitude gets in the way and now customer service won’t talk to me anymore.  That’s not good.  Wife has to take over and deal with it and try to talk to them.  $2500 gift card order lost by Allstate isn’t something I or anyone else can get over or let go and just go on like it’s nothing.  Once I almost didn’t get my second order in a row for almost 6 weeks later I never ordered from them again.  Many others on here have similar issues with Allstate too.  I’m just saying becareful with Allstate.  

On 3/18/2019 at 4:24 PM, Jared100 said:

also Allstate 

I’m too young too. You don’t have to be over 50 to join the Rewards for good program. I’ve been using it for years. 

58 minutes ago, mom2girls said:

I’m too young too. You don’t have to be over 50 to join the Rewards for good program. I’ve been using it for years. 

You don't even have to be 50 & over to be a member of AARP anymore. I joined at 42 because they were running a new membership promotion ($12 for the first year) and we noticed we could take advantage of some of the benefits ahead of our cruise last year. And the savings we got on a car rental and hotel rooms paid for the membership several times over. The regular membership fee is $16/year, so it's worth having a look at the benefits to see if you, or anyone, can take advantage of them.

Another tip is if you happen to have a credit card that provides points toward shopping and gift cards, you can often find the Carnival gift cards there, and pay for them with your points, so they're essentially free!

I got a Southwest Airlines credit card because I use it for business travel... I just cashed in 60,000 points and got 6 free Carnival gift cards... and in checking some of my other credit cards, I found out that one of my Citi cards gave me points I was unaware of! I don't use that card anymore, but I had enough points to get another gift card!

I also got a Carnival credit card- you can get points for gift cards with them, but I find my best return with that card is to charge my cruise to it, get the funpoints, then use those points to pay down the balance. Instead of spending 10,000 pts on a $100 gift card, you can use the same 10K pts and pay down the balance of the cruise you charged by $150 pts instead! and then, pay the cruise off to avoid as much interest as possible, since the rate isn't great with Barclay (the Carnival credit card issuer).

I know this option will accrue and give you even bigger discounts, but I don't use the card enough to do that, so I was grateful that I was able to get $250 paid toward my cruise!

Edited by Shaded Lady
  • Like 1

On 3/18/2019 at 4:44 PM, Schoifmom said:

AARP Rewards for Good (you do not need to meet an age requirement, nor do you have to be an AARP member).  

Allstate Drivewise (you do not have to be an Allstate customer).

Both offer physical gift cards at 10% off.

Also check out Streetwise - it rewards you for your driving, but you don’t have to be a customer of any specific insurance company. You can even use it concurrently with the Allstate app.

20 hours ago, tidecat said:

Also check out Streetwise - it rewards you for your driving, but you don’t have to be a customer of any specific insurance company. You can even use it concurrently with the Allstate app.

So, does this offer Carnival gift cards at a discount?

Not a discount on the gift card itself but my plan is to buy them at Price Chopper (grocery chain in the northeast) when they run a 4x reward points promo which gives us $$ off gas. So we will save money in one spot at least!

On 3/18/2019 at 4:24 PM, Jared100 said:

also Allstate 

Amex runs the $100 off $500 more than twice a year and they’ve also done $75 off $350.

• 4 months later...
On 3/23/2019 at 7:57 PM, dacsmom said:

AARP Rewards for Good. Anyone can buy these.  They can add up to a nice discount.

As of July 25th, AARP stopped giving reward points, due to them beginning a new point system in the near future. You can use the points you have, to purchase the Carnival gift cards if you have at least 1,000 points to get the $100 gift card, or 5,000 points to get the $500 gift card. Anything left over on your points, can not be carried over to their new point system when it comes available. I hope when the new rewards become available, that the Carnival gift cards are still available.

1 hour ago, lovelights said:

As of July 25th, AARP stopped giving reward points, due to them beginning a new point system in the near future. You can use the points you have, to purchase the Carnival gift cards if you have at least 1,000 points to get the $100 gift card, or 5,000 points to get the $500 gift card. Anything left over on your points, can not be carried over to their new point system when it comes available. I hope when the new rewards become available, that the Carnival gift cards are still available.

Yes, and there are quite a few threads on this topic. This thread was from March, right before AARP announced the change.